This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

No matter how high the cost of weddings or the divorce rate climbs, I will always love the silly, romantic tradition of tying the knot in front of friends and family. Perhaps it’s the Libra in me, but nothing is as thrilling as a night of dresses, dining, and decor. 

If you haven’t already heard, I am a Pinterest junkie. I take immense pride in my aesthetic Pinterest boards. One of my guilty pleasures is browsing wedding ideas on Pinterest, although I keep my wedding board private. As a Pinterest-obsessed and organisation-savvy conflict-resolver, I secretly dream of being a wedding planner. 

During my hourly browse of Pinterest, I gather a plethora of wedding inspiration. This inspiration goes way beyond the typical cheesy, cookie-cutter, “live, laugh, love” aesthetic. I adore anything eccentric, unique, and captivating. I would be thrilled to plan a dark, moody estate wedding or a fairy-like forest ceremony. A quick glance at my Pinterest boards showcases my ability to maintain an aesthetic while coordinating various ideas. I dream of planning a wedding so hauntingly beautiful that guests leave bewitched. 

On top of my ambition and eye for coordinated beauty, I love tedious administrative work. Those bulky planning binders in cliche wedding movies do not intimidate me; they excite me. My knack for timely correspondence and organisation would allow me to keep track of wedding invitations, reservations, and finances. My clients would never have to worry about crossed ‘t’s or dotted ‘i’s.

However, one downfall to being a wedding planner is the drama. As Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls said, “There’s nothing like a wedding to screw up a family.” Weddings can bring up resentment, disappointment, or jealousy between loved ones. As a result, wedding planners must carefully resolve conflict and make compromises. This task does not scare me. I am ready to politely remind the bridal party whose day it is or deal with the entitled family members who showed up without RSVP-ing. Am I selfish to say that I may even delight in the drama of a wedding as a wedding planner? Possibly.

Nevertheless, no matter how much I secretly wish I was a wedding planner, the truth is, I am an English major. I am on track to become a writer, editor, teacher, librarian, or lawyer. Wedding planning lies far outside the realm of my education and expertise. No amount of ambition would convince a client to hire me. Even if it did, wedding planners don’t make enough money for me to want to quit my program and enter a world of white chiffon and ribbons. But who knows, if the perfect wedding planner opportunity comes my way, I might have to try this career out!

Dahlia Cornell is a writer at the University of Windsor’s chapter of Her Campus. As a student who loves self-improvement, Dahlia enjoys crafting articles about trends, wellness, and academics. Her other areas of interest include local events and life experiences. Dahlia is in her third year at the University of Windsor, studying English Language and Literature. Dahlia aspires to further her studies after her English degree to have a career in education, writing, or law. No matter what career path she chooses, Dahlia is determined to incorporate creative writing into her future. She would love to write and publish a novel. Outside of school and Her Campus, Dahlia enjoys crocheting, watching Halloween movies, trying different coffee shops, and going on walks. She spends too much time curating her Pinterest boards and daydreaming about Victorian houses. Dahlia should spend more time trying to read the excessive amount of books she buys.