Vicki Heath: Her Campus’ Own Amazing Photographer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Name: Victoria (Vicki) Heath

Program and year?

Neuroscience, BCN, Behaviour Cognition Neuroscience, Second year and counting! 

What is your role in Her Campus?

Photographer and social media member.

What interests you about photography?

It’s really easy: you get a camera, sometimes not even a camera, and you point and click. 1/10 times you get something interesting in the shot. It’s like throwing a rock in a barrel… but you get to say you are doing something productive.

*Check out Vicki’s photography here: http://www.hercampus.com/author/vicki-heath 

What is your favourite hobby?

Staring at walls. Just kidding. Daydreaming while staring at walls is WAY more exciting. And before you ask, beige with speckles are the best kind of staring walls. 

Favourite colour and what do you think that says about you?

Good question. This was always my go-to date question. Honestly, it has always been blue, but now that I’m older I have to say magenta-burgundy with gold flakes and a splash of rose. 

If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Chocolate. I would have to think harder about the other two… Probably grapes – very portable – and pad thai cuz who can say no to pad thai? Also I would probably die by the end of the year. 

What is your dream job?

Cirque du Soleil, which is stupid crazy cuz I’m not flexible (trust me, I did gymnastics, epic failure) and I’m a little scared of heights. But if I was at my second dream job, world-renowned journalist/photographer/biologist for National Geographic, and they said, “Hey Cirque du Soleil wants you,” I would be out of there before you know it. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

On a couch, sleeping…….. oh what will I be doing? Hopefully seeing other countries’ couches. I want to be lazy in at least 5 countries. 

What is your favourite song and why?

All good Disney songs put together. All the emotions blended into one huge feeling fest. 

If I told you to plan a whole date night, what would you plan?

What a busy night it would be. Working with what I have in Windsor, it would be: glow golf because that’s a good ice breaker, Springz for some exercise, dinner somewhere, movie for relaxing, followed by likely sleeping. 

What is your biggest fear?

Death by falling out of a helicopter into the ocean with a weight attached to my foot. I put some thought into this during my wall-staring hours.

Have you traveled anywhere in your life? 

Australia for 6 months when I was younger and learned a lot…. Australian kids are MEAN. Also, around Canada where I have relatives on both east and west coasts. 

What is your dream vacation?

Mars. Like one of those we-need-to-repopulate-and-build-a-new-place-to-live scenarios where it’s just me and a few other strangers needing to depend on each other and learn about the land. I’ve played Harvest Moon so I should be fine – might be an extended vacation, though.

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.