This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

All Windsor restaurants are  amazing, these are some of my personal favourites: 

Top Greek Restaurant

If you have never been to Thanasis, then you have no idea what you are missing. The best Greek restaurant in Windsor, and quite possibly all of North America, is located on Tecumseh Road by Pierre Avenue. My recommendation would be the flaming cheese and the mousaka!

Top Sushi Restaurant

This one was hard for me to choose, however my top pick would have to be Niko Sushi in St. Clair Beach on Manning Road. They also have a location in Devonshire Mall. The Niko sauce is what puts this sushi place above others. I would suggest the volcano and tempura yam rolls.

Top Poutine Restaurant

Frenchy’s is by far the best poutine I have ever tasted. Located downtown on Ouellette Avenue(?), everyone needs to try Frenchy’s poutine at least once in their life. Their fries are just crispy enough, their gravy is very tasty (there is also a vegetarian option), and their cheese curds even squeak! What could be better?

Top Sports Bar

Jon Max would have to be my personal favourite sports bar in Windsor. Their dining room and bar are both equipped with more TVs than I’ve ever seen, perfect for any game day. Their food is unique and delicious. The Megatron is a must-try chicken sandwich loaded with deep fried cheese, apples, coleslaw, and more!

Best Italian Restaurant

Spago’s has been in Windsor for many years and has become an Erie Street favourite. With pasta, pizza, and much more to choose from, it’s the perfect choice for anyone. Their bruschetta and chicken marsala is what always keeps me going back.

Best Burger Joint

Windsor has plenty of burger places. The place that I believe is the best would be Gilligan’s. Gilligan’s has multiple locations including Walker Road, Tecumseh Road in the town of Tecumseh, and even locations in Amherstburg and Leamington. Their burgers are giants and very tasty. If you go there, don’t forget to try a chocolate milkshake!

Best Breakfast Food

Paul’s Kitchen on Dougall Road(?) is a very popular breakfast diner in Windsor. Their omelettes, eggs benedict, and pancakes are all delicious, but my personal favourite would have to be their homemade crepes stuffed with fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, and topped off with whipped cream.

Best Chinese Food

Windsor also has an abundance of Chinese food restaurants. After all, who doesn’t love some chicken balls and mushroom fried rice? I would have to say that the best is Lone Fone on Walker Road. Their combination plates are a great price and their food is very high quality.

Best Home Cooked Meals

This restaurant is not in Windsor, but if you ever get the chance to go to the St. Joachim Diner I promise that it will be worth it. All their meals are homemade and delicious. I would recommend the county road pizza burger which comes with breaded mushrooms and a pile of fresh cut fries. This restaurant was also featured on the Canadian television show You Gotta Eat Here!

Top Pizza Place(s)

Windsor pizza is known as being one of the best. We have many pizza places to choose from and it’s impossible to choose the best one. When I posed the question on Facebook, some of the popular choices included: Sarducci’s, Armando’s, and Cheese Wheelz. But if you try any pizza place in Windsor, I am sure that you will not be disappointedly.

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.