New Year’s Eve is a fun-filled event. It’s the start of a new year, a new beginning, and a time to relax with friends and family. A lot of people make extensive plans, either to travel or spend the evening partying. The time leading up to New Year’s Eve can be stressful, which is why it’s important to figure out what you want to do, and how you want to spend your time prior to New Year’s. Here are some ideas to help make your New Year’s Eve as stress-free as possible:
1. It’s Party Time: Invite your friends over for a New Year’s Eve party. Grab some props from Party City, make a photobooth, get some snacks, and spend your night celebrating with some of your closest friends. Then do the countdown at midnight and start your new year cheering with your family/friends, spreading the love, and good vibes. It definitely is THE way to kickstart the new year.
Some prop ideas:
2. It’s Lit: By lit, I mean going to see the fireworks! Every year fireworks displays are shown all over the world. If your city doesn’t offer one, maybe it is time to plan a road trip with all your friends! Pack some winter accessories and book your hotel room so you can check out the fireworks in Toronto or Time Square (depending on how much, and how far you want to travel).
Here are some firework shows:
3. Pray: New Year’s Eve can also be a time for you to pray and organize a prayer session in your house. Invite your friends to recite the Bible, Quran, or Torah (depending on your religion), and start the new year praying for the best. This can lead to spiritual satisfaction and can help you feel prepared for whatever the new year holds.
4. Turn up: New Years Eve has tons of parties going! Look around for places that are hosting, whether this be your school, community, local charities, etc. You can spend your night making new friends, donating your time, and having a blast. Here are some events happening right here in Windsor:
5. Stay In: If you’re an introvert like me, this is probably the best option. Order some good takeout, put on some Netflix, put some fairy lights on, and chill in your pajamas. Maybe when the clock’s striking 12 you can put on the New Year’s countdown, tweet a “Happy New Year” message, and call your friends to wish them best.
Lastly, whatever your plans may be, it is ALWAYS important to remember not to drink and drive, and to stay safe. May 2019 hold lots of fun and happy surprises for all of us. Happy New Year!