Top 5 Teacher Instagram Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Welcome to my first article for HerCampus at University of Windsor.  I just started my first year as a Bachelor of Education student, so I thought I would focus my first article on some of the awesome teacher instagram accounts I have come across. I am always on the lookout for cool lesson plan ideas, beautiful classroom decorations, awesome educational articles, and inspiring quotes.  All of these Instagramers below provide one or all of these resources in their fun and inspiring posts. Enjoy my top 5 Instagram accounts that I have come across and thanks for checking out my first article!

1.@fivefootoneteacher

A small human with big dreams.

Teacher, Writer, Presenter, Youtuber, & Friend.

Brittany is a super positive teacher with great ideas for lesson plans and how to get your students engaged.  Her Instagram is beautiful and easy to navigate. She posts every day and shows the enthusiasm both her and her students have for school.  She is all about spreading positivity and empowering students. She teaches at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School where the tragic school shooting, killing 17 people, occured on February 14th, 2018.  Her Instagram also follows how she helps support and empower her students to keep going after this tragedy and stand up for what they believe in. She thinks outside of the box and makes learning fun for everyone.  She also has a YouTube channel where she shares daily vlogs, lesson plan ideas, and tips for new teachers.

2.@magnoliateacher

Just out here trying to be the teacher version of Joanna Gaines. • • • themagnoliateacher@gmail.com

Jessica is always displaying great ideas for decorating your classroom and your home.  She is also a member of the oilyteachertribe. They sell essential oils and essential oil blends including one called the happy teacher blend .  According to Jessica the roller, smells so good and promotes happiness/good mood.

3.@targetteachers

Teachers who love Target and sharing their finds! ? ? We are @applesandabcs + @misskindergarten #targetteachers ?thetargetteachers@gmail.com

Michelle and Hadar are two teachers who love Target and show teachers cute activities and decorating tips with everything from Target.  Unfortunately Target is not in Canada, but we are so close to the U.S.A in Windsor that if you want to go to Target you can cross the border.

4.@teacherspayteachers

TpT is an open marketplace for educators to buy, sell, & share original resources. Get inspired & connect with other teachers! ?? #TeachersPayTeachers

Teachers Pay Teachers is like Etsy, but for teacher resources.  You can search for specific subject areas and grades. You can support other teachers by buying their resources and you can sell your own resources Their Instagram also highlights creative teachers, classrooms, cool quotes, and great tips for teachers.

5.@edutopia

Inspiration and information about what works in education.

www.edutopia.org/article/3-reads-inspire-your-teaching-practice

According to the Edutopia website they are a “trusted source shining a spotlight on what works in education. [They]]show people how they can adopt or adapt best practices, and [they] tell stories of innovation and continuous learning in the real world.”  Their Instagram account posts amazing quotes about education and links to their best articles. If you are ever interested in exploring more articles, their website has even more content to explore.

Bonus: @thatrunningteacher

#uwin B.Ed 2020

I/S Physical Education and Math @newbalancecanada brand ambassador Romans 12:6-7

Olympic Aspirations

I don’t have a lot of content yet, but this account will be filled with what it’s like at teachers college and what kinds of activities I will be bringing to the classroom.

Stephanie Johnston is in her first year at at University of Windsor in the education program. She did a four year undergraduate degree in Ann Arbor, Michigan and is now studying to become a high school math and physical education teacher. She is currently a New Balance brand ambassador and training for her second marathon.