This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

At the height of exams everyone is rushing to figure out the best way  to study for each exam. I am an awful studier so I love to take any help I can get in that department. While trying to find my perfect way of studying I’ve come across a few apps that definitely make the process easier, and I’d like to share them with you to hopefully make your study habits a little easier.

Forest:

What is the number one distraction while studying? Social Media. The app Forest works to help you stay focused on your work by locking you in the app. You “plant” a tree and set a timer for however long you want to stay focused (min. 10 minutes- max. 120 minutes). The tree starts growing, and the timer counts down. The magic of this app is that if you leave the app, your tree dies! It may just be a virtual tree, but you just don’t want to let it die!  If you let your tree finish growing, it gets added to your daily forest where you can track your productivity. This app is free, but by paying for the premium version you get the opportunity to plant real trees by staying focused. I’m not entirely sure how this works but depending on how long you stay focused in the app, the company will plant real trees.

Quizlet:

Hopefully everyone has heard of Quizlet because it is truly a godsend. They are online flashcards in an easy to use app (or website), an environmentally friendly study method with no paper waste! You can create your own study sets or access ones other people have created, and use unique and interactive  study modes from multiple choice questions to minigames. You can customize Quizlets to fit your needs by starring the cards you want to study. Using flashcards is a great way to study!

Todoist:

I am all about making lists in my life; especially to-do lists. To do lists are a great way to keep track of your studies and this app is the ultimate to-do list maker. You can organize tasks into categories, set reminders, and track your productivity. You can access these lists across multiple devices so you never forget what you have to do!

Grade Calculator:

Technically a website, I use a grade calculator all the time. There are two that I generally switch between: Ben Eggleston grade calculator and RogerHub. Ben Eggleston lets you input all of your grades and their weight to calculate your course mark. RogerHub gives you a variety of options including estimating what you need on the final to receive your desired mark, what your grade is after taking the final, and other options for special circumstances.

The best part about these apps is that they are all free! I hope these help in your future study endeavours. Stay tuned for more articles in the new year, and Happy Holidays!

Meghan is a second year English Major at the University of Windsor. She is minoring in Environmental Science. Meghan loves fashion, reading and writing, and nature/the environment. She hopes to enter the world of Editing or Journalism after University. Meghan is excited to share her ideas and opinions with the Her Campus followers!