This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s easy to get excited about the holiday season, but it’s also easy to procrastinate on all the shopping that needs to get done and all the gifts that need to be wrapped. Nonetheless, there is still time to get a unique gift for each person on your list, even if there are only a few days until Christmas. Here is a list of last-minute Christmas gift ideas that can be purchased on Amazon or from small businesses in your local area:

1. Vinyl Records

Vinyls are always an excellent pick for all the music lovers in your life. Whether you go to a local record store or browse the large selection on Amazon, this unique gift is personalized and timeless. If you happen to know their favourite artist, it will make shopping that much easier, and if you’re really out of time, you can order one from Amazon just a couple of days before Christmas Eve. Taylor Swift is the #1 artist in 2023, so for any Swifties in your life, I recommend gifting them the Folklore album. 

1. Jewelry 

Jewelry is a personal and unique gift that can be purchased from small businesses, local stores, or Amazon if you still need to finish your shopping a few days before Christmas. Whether it be a bracelet, necklace, or earrings, there is something for everyone and all price ranges. You can also purchase jewellery sets if you are still determining what the recipient prefers to wear. Some of my go-to jewellery brands include Mejuri, Oak and Luna, En Route Jewelry, and Evry Jewels.

1. A Comfy Pajama Set

With the cold weather approaching, pajamas are a perfect gift for people of all ages and are easy to pick up during the holidays if you do not have the time to go shopping. Amazon also has a large selection of pajamas ranging from $20 to $70. You can also pair the pajamas with fluffy socks, a cozy blanket, or a cute Christmas coffee mug. Wearable blankets are also a fun and comfy gift that can be purchased on Amazon; some are currently on sale for below $50.

1. Adult Colouring Books

Colouring books are an underrated and thoughtful gift many people would love to receive. Colouring can help relieve stress, improve sleep and decrease feelings of depression and anxiety. There are many options to choose from on Amazon, most of which are relatively inexpensive. You can also pair the colouring book with a set of markers or coloured pencils. My favourite colouring books are from https://bobbiegoods.com/;, you can also purchase tote bags, stickers, and digital colouring pages on their website. 

1. Books

Books are a foolproof gift for all the readers in your life, or anyone that has been thinking of getting into reading. You can find plenty of books that fit into your price range at local bookstores, or even on Amazon. Whether they like romance, thrillers, fantasy, self-help books or biographies, there is truly something for everyone. You can pair the novel with a cute bookmark or book sleeve, and maybe even a weighted blanket. I recommend “Forth Wing” by Rebecca Yarros or “Happy Place” by Emily Henry. 

1. Gift Card

When in doubt, a gift card is the perfect gift for anyone you have difficulty shopping for. This allows them to pick out whatever they want, and you can pretty much find a gift card for everything. Whether it be restaurants, experiences, or retail stores, gift cards are a simple yet thoughtful, personalizable, and budget-friendly gift. I recommend getting a gift card for their favourite restaurant or store, a movie theatre, or for their preferred TV or music streaming service.

1. Gift Certificate for a Facial/Manicure

A gift certificate for a facial, manicure, hair appointment, or other beauty treatments is a unique gift that allows you to support local business owners in your community. This is also a great way to pamper your friends or family members who would not normally do something nice for themselves. Some business owners offer discounts during the holiday season, which is also the perfect gift if you have run out of time to shop. Supporting local businesses is a meaningful way to make an impact during the holiday season with  a gift that keeps on giving.

1. Digital Camera

As someone who brings a digital camera to every event or trip I go on, a camera is an ideal gift for any of your family members or friends who love to take photos. You can also pair the camera with an SD card reader so that they can upload the photos to their phone as well. Thrifting a digital camera is also beneficial if the price of a new one is over your budget. Furthermore, this is a nostalgic gift they can take with them every dayThere are various options on Amazon that can be delivered to you in as little as two days.

1. Card Games

The holidays are about bringing people together, and card games are the perfect way to spend time with family and friends. This gift is budget-friendly, with plenty of options for all ages. One of my go-to card games is Cards Against Humanity, and there are a plethora of extension decks to keep the game interesting! Board games and video games are also versatile gifts, and Amazon has many options. Card games are sure to entertain and are also a great way to have meaningful connections with people without the use of electronics.

Julia Rubino

UWindsor '26

Julia is a Biomedical Sciences major at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. She is a writer for HerCampus UWindsor, and loves to be involved in different clubs around campus. When she is not studying, she enjoys reading, writing, listening to music or podcasts and going to the gym.