sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hidden Things to Pack on Your Next Vacation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

If you like traveling like me, here are a few hidden things you might want to pack for your next destination.

Mini first aid kit
  • Band-Aids help for blisters
  • When I was packing, I wished I had a mini first aid kit in my bag given that I’m a clumsy person.
Plastic Bags
  • Wet laundry or bathing suits? Plastic bags will be your saviour for the rest of laundry.
A rain poncho
  • This comes in handy when it is raining outside and you’re walking out to a fancy dinner in clothes you don’t want to ruin.
A small notebook
  • This can have multiple uses, either for drawing, journaling, or creating a schedule. Plus, it acts as a form of self-care on your vacation as well.
Nail file/ clippers
  • My nails got so long when I went on vacation, I wished I had packed clippers.
Portable phone charger
  • This one is basic but a must. 
  • When I went to the beach, my phone was almost dead, and I would need to go back to my room to charge it. It was a nuisance.
Aloe
  • If you’re prone to sunburn, aloe is your new best friend. 
  • Aloe soothed my shoulders on vacation; still, the burn was worth it
Shower shoes aka flip flops
  • The beach had showers to wash the sand from you, and I was so glad I had shoes to protect myself from bacteria.
Extra sunscreen
  • Making sure you’re stocked up on sunscreen is essential; the sun is hot, so protect your skin.  
  • I like to bring face sunscreen too
Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Clothes pins
  • You might think to yourself: clothes pins? Yes!
  • Clothes pins will keep your towel locked and secured on chairs if it is windy.-  
  • Clothes pins will also secure your bathing suit if you hang it from your porch. That way, it won’t fall in the middle of the night.
Hi everyone, Madison Traquair (Maddy) is one of the writers here at Her Campus UWindsor. Maddy is responsible for writing biweekly articles for her chapter. Prior to joining HC, Maddy was (and still is) a full-time student studying at the University of Windsor.Maddy loves to write about her life as a student, selfcare, movies, and entertainment. Maddy is also involved with the psychology student’s association (PSA). In the PSA, Maddy is the financial coordinator, meaning that she is responsible for direct deposits and the club’s money management/ funds. Beyond Her Campus involvement, Maddy works in landscaping and nannying children. She loves to devote her time towards helping children and putting a smile on their faces. Currently, Maddy is a senior at the University of Windsor, studying full time honours sociology with a minor in psychology and geography. In her free time, Maddy loves being outside and staying active. She loves spending her free time rollerblading, running, and going to the gym. Maddy also has an artistic side. She loves to paint and draw, specifically fashion designs. Maddy also likes to prioritize her mental health by doing selfcare. You can find Maddy around being a social butterfly, always meeting new people and hanging out with her friends. Maddy is always down for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying new things.