Life > Experiences

Fall Activities You Can’t Miss This Spooky Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

As we transition from summer to fall, the days are short and the nights are long and spooky. With the month of October approaching there are  many activities you must do. Grab some friends, family, and/or your partner and look at the list below to get some inspiration to ensure  you live this fall season to its fullest.

1. Go apple picking.

The end of September marks the debut of delicious honey crisp apples. Find a local apple farm that’s open for public use and start picking your apples (it also makes for a good photo op!).

1. Carve pumpkins.

Go to your local pumpkin patch or even just a grocery store and pick up the best-looking pumpkin you can get your hands on. You can search online or purchase a pumpkin carving kit to design your big orange fruit.

1. Go to a haunted house.

With the current pandemic this might be a little tricky to do, but search in your area for any possibilities. For example, there might be a limit on the number of people/groups who can enter at a time, or maybe it will be outdoors.

1. Make leaf piles. 

Raking leaves might seem like a chore more than a fun activity, but the hard work does pay off! Jumping into a giant pile of leaves and throwing them up in the air guarantees the release of dopamine.

1. Shop for cozy sweaters.

Any time of the year is the right time to shop for some cute clothes, but now with the chilly season approaching, it’s time to buy those fuzzy turtlenecks.

1. Watch scary movies.

Whether you go to an indoor movie theatre, a drive-in, or just stay at home, watching scary movies is always a must.

1. Make caramel apples.

Do you have a sweet tooth? After all your hard work picking those apples, why not dunk them in some warm caramel. You can modify them to your liking by adding chocolate, nuts, and more!

1. Go trick or treating.

You’re never too old to get some free candy—dress up and start collecting!

1. Wear a costume.

Whether you’re going to a Halloween party or just handing out some candy, put a costume on to feel more in the spooky spirit.

1. Cook a turkey.

The fall season isn’t just about Halloween; there’s Thanksgiving too! If you have certain nutritional restrictions, replace the turkey with anything  to your liking. It’s about spending time with your loved ones and being thankful for what you have.

1. Eat some pumpkin/apple pie.

Pie is a classic fall dessert. Whether you bake it yourself or purchase one, you can’t miss out.

1. Decorate. 

What better way to get yourself in the fall spirit than to surround yourself with fall decor?

Although I haven’t listed all the things you can do during fall, I hope that this list can inspire you and those around you to partake in some activities!

Olivia Stanco

UWindsor '23

Hello my name is Olivia! I hope you love reading my articles just as much as I love writing them.