Easy ways to make the perfect outfit – every time!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It happens to all of us – we all have moments where we cannot, for the life of us, figure out what to wear.  Sometimes, it’s just too early in the morning and all that our groggy-selves can come up with is a pair of leggings and a t-shirt.  Others, we have spent hours in front of our closets, still unable to create a single outfit.  

Have no fear: a little bit of planning-ahead can help you in always looking chic and put-together.

1.  Purge, purge, purge!

Go through your closet and determine what is really worth keeping.  That dress that you haven’t worn since New Year’s Eve 2011 can probably go.  So can those jeans that you’ve been “planning on” tailoring for a year.  If you don’t wear it all the time, it’s not an essential – so get rid of it!  Eliminating the unnecessary items from your closet will make getting dressed in the morning much more simple!

2.  Create an outfit file

Spend an afternoon going through your newly organized wardrobe and create a file of possible outfits.  Remember that outfit you wore last week that got you tons of compliments?  Write it down so you can easily access it next time you’re unsure of what to wear!

3.  Keep an outfit diary

As odd as this sounds, it works!  Sometimes it is difficult to remember what you wore most recently.  To avoid repeating outfits, write down what you wore each day.  This way, you’ll be likely to be wearing more original outfits!

4.  Use Pout – a new fashion and beauty app!

Young women all over are flocking toward the new app called Pout, created by business team, Riley Donelson and Laura Smith.

Newly available on the App Store, you are able to share your fashion and style with other members in the community, and also are able to find inspiration for hundreds of outfits that you can make from what you already own!

Already popular with fashion bloggers, hair stylists, makeup artists, and YouTube gurus, you can join this community too!

Users can browse posts, watch YouTube tutorials on their favourite beauty looks, upload their own outfits and makeup looks, and, especially interesting, users can post their own looks in response to others’. 

Check out Pout on the App Store today and join in on this amazingly stylish community!

Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.