Bucket List Ideas: 7 Things You Should Do Once Lockdown Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

We are living in a strange time right now, and we are ecstatically looking forward to the future after lockdown is over. Creating a bucket list can help you keep your hopes up and give your life context. Our time on earth is limited, so we need a reminder of all the things we want to achieve to live our life to the fullest!

Here is just a small portion of my bucket list, and I hope it inspires you to create one as well!

Travel!

This is the most obvious yet most exciting on my list! Throughout my life, I’ve had the privilege of getting to travel to many places such as Dubai, Switzerland, London, Pakistan, Germany, and many more places. Travelling exposes you to new cultures and foods and broadens your mind. Of course, you cannot forget the wonderful people you’ll meet on the way!

Start up some travel savings from now, so once lockdown is over there will be no need to wait to get out there!

If you are looking for recommendations on where to visit, here are some links to help you:

Where to Go Next: 27 Best Places to Travel

20 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in the World

The 50 Most Beautiful Places in the World

Plant a Garden in Spring

I have always wanted a garden, ever since I was a little. I think this year is the year to do it, because why not? With spring just around the corner, it is a great idea to start research on what plants and flowers you can plant. If you want to go the extra mile, plant fruits and vegetables! This will be great for your health, as you know what is going into your soil and plants.

Here are some links to get you started on that research:

How to Start a Garden – 10 Steps to Gardening for Beginners

Gardening for Beginners

If you also want to help the environment while gardening, read this article for some ways to do that:

7 Ways to Help the Environment in Your Garden

A Full Spa Day

This is a great addition to your bucket list! After months of constant stress and anxiousness, we all deserve one day of relaxation. Self-care has always been a big part of my weekly routine, but it is just a lot different when someone else takes care of you. Get a manicure, facial, full body massage, and anything else you desire!

Give a Loved One a Surprise

Over the past year, many relatives have become distant, and it has become harder to make time to stay in touch. Video calls help, but nothing is like a warm hug from a loved one. One of the first things I plan to do once lockdown ends is to meet up and hang out with my relatives! There is nothing better than catching up over a cup of coffee!

Learn a New Language

This has been on my bucket list for the longest time. I think the hardest part for me was to decide which language to learn. But with a lot of researching and thinking, I decided sign language was the way for me to go. You never know when it can come in handy! This isn’t an easy task, but the satisfaction in the end is worth the struggle!

Here are some links to get you started:

Languages of the World

12 Rules for Learning Foreign Languages in Record Time

Learn 48 Languages Online for Free

Take Up a New Sport

Sports are a great way to stay fit. They help you with leadership skills and motor skills and help improve mental health! Even if you aren’t a sporty person, I can guarantee you there is a sport out there that is perfect for you! From ultimate Frisbee to archery, do some research to see what would fit best for you.

If you don’t know where to start, here are some links to help you:

Here’s How to Pick a Sports That Suits You Best

How to Choose the Right Sport for You

Protect the Marine Life

I’m going to be honest; previously on my bucket list, this said “Swim with the Dolphins.” But after educating myself on the dark side of the captivity of marine life, I’ve made it a goal to help make a change. Why support areas that lock up marine life for our pleasure? There are so many ways you can help from home and in person. 

Here are some links to help you get started:

Oceana

Ocean Conservancy

Project Aware

Marine Megafauna Foundation

Bucket lists do not need to be fancy, just type it up or jot down on a piece of paper. Your list will help you get through this tough year and get you to look forward to an exciting future! 

Get yourself ready to start the next chapter of your life and enjoy the world again!

This is an anonymous account hosted by our team mascot, Morty the Monkey. This article was written by a UWindsor student.