The Anti-Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Many people make a list of events or activities that they would like to participate in before they “kick the bucket”. Fewer people create an anti-bucket list:- a list of things they hope to never do before they die. Everybody has those moments where they think “I could have gone my whole life without knowing/experiencing that!” This is the list of things I would like to go without during my life.

Eat a Bug

Bugs are just disgusting! I could never even touch a bug let alone eat one. I scream basically every time I see a bug. Having to pick one up and eat it would be traumatizing for me.  It is definitely something I could live my whole life without.

Break a Bone

I have never broken a bone before and I hope I never do. As a figure skater, there is always a chance it could happen. If I did break a bone, I would have to wear a cast, and that is not okay with me. A cast is not a good fashion accessory. Plus, if it was a broken leg, I would not be able to wear high heels.

Get Hit by a Car/Bus/Bicycle

I seem to be a magnet for all sports balls. I always get hit with them no matter what sport it is. Hopefully this magnetism does not transfer over to transportation vehicles. Not all accidents are fatal or cause injury, but I still hope I never get hit.

Play Chicken with a Skunk

Obviously the skunk would win. All it has to do is spray me. I really do not want to spend my time taking a tomato juice bath.

Run with the Bulls

I could never run with the bulls or any other animal that would trample me. I am way too slow of a runner. Also, I really do not like to run and would probably give up after a few minutes.

Go Hunting

First, I probably would not be able to figure out how to use the gun properly since I do not want to have to touch one (there would most likely be some damage). But, more importantly, I could never hurt a cute, fuzzy animal.

Become a Veterinarian

Again, I could never hurt an animal. I would cry if I had to put an animal down. I could never give an animal a shot or do surgery on one. Plus, I do not like blood. It is not the profession for me.

Get a Tattoo

One word: needles. It is not going to happen. I hate needles so there is no way I want a bunch of them shoved in my skin. Plus, I personally do not like tattoos. I do not want permanent ink on my body.

Watch a Horror Movie

I am a huge scaredy-cat. I even hate leaving my house on Halloween. I would just be terrified and traumatized by the experience.

Lose My Sparkle

This has more than one meaning. One, I never want to lose sight of who I am. I always want to be myself.  I never want to do anything that would cause harm to myself and, in a sense, “dull my sparkle”. Two, sparkles have become a signature look of mine and I always want to keep that sparkle.

What is on your anti-bucket list?         

Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.