Ambitious and Determined Sweetheart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Alicia Burns is a first year Engineering student with goals and her own style. She has a heart of gold and loves making people smile. Find out more about Alicia and her perfect date in the interview below.

What is your dream job? I would like to be an engineer in the military. My whole goal in life, to help people, and  I wanted to mix my love with military, helping people, and doing what is right with an actual job that will accomplish something. I feel like being an engineer in the military, I can not only help the soldiers but help the people in the countries by reconstructing their buildings and lives that were ruined in the war.

Favourite music? I like a lot of music genres, some of my favourites would be Pretty Reckless, Cosby Sweater, and Brad Paisley.

Hobbies? Horseback riding. I have been riding for over ten years now and own my own horse named Boots. It’s a passion that I really enjoy and would never give up. I also enjoy reading, it’s how I spend most of my free time. My favourite genre at the moment is historical fiction. I also play video games, anything that involves Zelda is my favourite.

Idea of a perfect date?  I enjoy dates where I can get to know the person, where we can talk, and be ourselves, and have fun. Nothing too serious. Paintball would be perfect.

What do you look for in a guy?  I want someone who is fun and outgoing, but also who is honest, has common interests, and cares about others.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? I would love to go somewhere that has a lot of natural beauty. New Zealand would be amazing.

Role model?  My dad. He is always there for his family, and gives up a lot for us. I hope to be as good of a person as he is.

If you were stuck on an island and had one thing, what would it be? A row boat. 

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Lucy Hopkins is pursuing a career in public relations whilst studying Communications at McMaster University.