galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

5 Activities to Try for Your Galentine’s Day Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

For the longest time, Valentine’s Day has clearly been a holiday for couples to celebrate their love for one another. As much as I enjoy celebrating with my partner, I remember how fun it was to celebrate Valentine’s Day in grade school. Everyone would bring in carefully selected Valentines for each classmate, typically paired with a sweet treat or trinket, and lots of snacks and desserts to keep us fueled for the day. Valentine’s back then was an opportunity for friends to celebrate with friends, it was incredible. That’s why I am excited that celebrating Galentine’s Day has been coming to the forefront of the Valentine’s scene. I always enjoy watching how others have planned their Galentine’s Day parties. They look like so much fun. I also love to host my friends. I know any good event consists of food, fun drinks, and an activity that matches the event aesthetic. If I were to host a Galentine’s Day for my friends, these are some activities that I would most definitely do.

PowerPoint Night

Hosting a PowerPoint night is the perfect activity for when you need a good laugh. It’s always fun to see what everyone ends up creating. You can select a theme for everyone to follow or make it a free-for-all! I have attended three or four different PowerPoint nights, and I always burst into tears of joy. This is also a great opportunity to be in the spotlight as you explain your niche to all of your friends. After all, who wouldn’t want to listen to me talk about how the grocery shop you go to reflects who you are?

Pizza making

The great thing about hosting a pizza night is that you are essentially killing two birds with one stone. The activity is cooking which covers the meal too. Making pizza is so versatile because each person can customize their own pie or part of a pie. It’s also a good idea to have each person bring one or two ingredients to help create a full decked-out pizza topping bar. For an extra bit of Galentine’s pizazz, try shaping the dough into a heart! Even if it doesn’t look the best, I bet it will still taste great!

galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

Trivia

Creating and hosting a trivia night is my ultimate hidden talent. If you live in an area with any type of bar scene I’m sure you can go out and attend a trivia night as a group, however I prefer to create a personalized game. Google slides and PowerPoint have everything you need to make trivia games with as little or as many questions as you’d like. There are trivia making websites you can use. If I were to make a Galentine’s Day trivia game, some categories I would include would be: guess the flower, guess the Disney love song, and popular Valentine’s candy.

Cake/cupcake decorating!!!

Dessert decorating is a great activity to do. It doesn’t matter if you have never picked up an icing bag in your life; decorating sweet treats is still fun! Decorate mini cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or a mix of all three so you have options. Have each friend bring something to decorate with. Sprinkles, fruit, candy, or chocolate, the opportunities are endless!

Make a bouquet of flowers

Alright I think this is the sweetest idea ever! Each person brings a bouquet (or two) of flowers. They can be anything: roses, tulips, chrysanthemums, or even extra greenery. Open up the bouquets and prep each stem by cutting the ends, opening the petals, and removing dead leaves. Then, place all the prepped flowers onto a counter or table and build your custom bouquet. You can place them into vases or wrap them in packaging paper to easily transport them back home. 

Liv Brannagan

UWindsor '24

Hi I'm Liv! I am currently studying Forensic Science at the University of Windsor. I love being outside, going on hikes, kayaking, rowing, and goodness I could just go on and on. I am often listening to music, listening to a good podcast, watching a film, or talking (arguing) about any one of those!