3 Ways to Stay Organized Online During COVID-19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

When COVID-19 caused classes to move online we all had to adjust. One major adjustment was moving into a system that was almost entirely digital. Here are some tips for time management and organization while learning online.

Use your Calendar

We all remember the days when we printed or wrote out our class schedule in our planner. Now with every class online it is much simpler to add our classes and appointments to our calendar, be it in Google, or the app on your laptop or phone. This helps keep track of everything AND you can set up 10 minute reminders before every class.

Keep a digital to-do list

I find that when everything is digital I spend a lot less time looking at my paper to-do lists, and as a result I can barely keep track of what I need to do in the day. With a digital to-do list using a reminder app you can make lists of everything to do and break it down into little parts. You can also organize the tasks from most to least important, and get reminders for when each task needs to be completed.

Organize your email

This is possibly the most important suggestion here. With everything online we get TONS of emails and reminders. Unfortunately, this often makes the important emails the hardest to find. It’s best to organize your emails as you get them, and deleting unimportant emails. You can do this a number of ways depending on your email. I like to categorize each email as I get them by level of importance.

I hope these tips help you!

Bridget Heuvel

UWindsor '22

Bridget is a writer for Her Campus Windsor. She's an English Language and Literature student at the University of Windsor who has a love of chocolate, wandering at night, and all things literature.