This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Fall is here and so are all the warm and cozy cute clothes! This season, we are seeing more chic and elegant looks trending everywhere. Below I’m going to list some of the items that are guaranteed to be worn across the globe, and some of the items you might already have! Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune to be able to keep up with these latest trends, almost all of it can be found at your local thrift stores.

1. Sweater Vests

Yes, sweater vests did already make an appearance last year, but they were so cute that they’re coming back! You can style it on top of a button up shirt, a turtleneck, a short-sleeved t-shirt, or you can just wear it on its own. Then, throw on some vegan leather pants and some boots, and you’ve just created a very chic outfit. Or you can get one that’s oversized, (or if it’s sold as a dress) and throw on some knee-high boots. Then of course, accessories. These vests can be found at thrift stores in the men’s section, or at most clothing stores.

1. Button-Up Shirts

These shirts can come in a few different forms. It can come as a classic cotton button-up, satin and more. As mentioned before, you can throw a sweater vest over them, or you can just wear it as is. You can throw on some jeans and a pair of heels to make it less formal, or you can dress it up by tucking it into a skirt. You can also use it as a little jacket. Throw on a tank top underneath and it makes for an extremely cute and casual look! And of course, you can find these tops in almost all clothing and thrift stores!

1. Trousers

These pants are what is typically known as “dress pants”. These pants were normally worn in corporate jobs or formal events. But now they’re being brought into everyday fashion, only this time they’re not only paired with a blouse and blazer. If you wanted a more casual look, you could throw your trousers on with a t-shirt and some sneakers. To dress it up a little, you can wear a cropped shirt and throw a blazer on top, with some heels. Also, you can throw on a turtleneck and some boots and you have yourself a trendy outfit! Again, these pants can be thrifted or found in stores.

1. Blazers

As previously mentioned, blazers can be used as an alternative for a lightweight jacket and can be styled many ways. On a chilly day, you could style it with a hoodie underneath, and throw on some leggings to dress-up your comfy and casual look. You can wear it with a cropped shirt and trousers, (as mentioned), with a dress/skirt and knee-high boots, or with a camisole and jeans, just throw on some heels to dress it up a little. As blazers can be quite pricey on the market, it never hurts to check out the thrift stores first!

1. Plaid

Finally, the classic plaid. Obviously, most of us have owned a flannel at least once in our lives, but now plaid is being seen on different clothing items. Plaid skirts are super cute and can be worn with a turtleneck with tights and boots or can be worn with a camisole and blazer. Plaid jackets are also on the rise. These can be worn over top of a hoodie with some jeans, and a pair of boots, making for a cute and casual outfit. These items may not be seen as much in thrift stores like the others, but the odds might be in your favor, and you might just come across something!

I’m so excited to participate in this season’s upcoming trends. I hope you are too, and rock your chic and elegant looks!

Olivia Stanco

UWindsor '23

Hello my name is Olivia! I hope you love reading my articles just as much as I love writing them.