Not many people can say that their mom is one of their best friends. Personally, for as long as I can remember, my mom has always been my ride or die. From the moment I was born to now, she’s been a constant support and inspiration. Growing up in a family of mostly boys, my mom played the role of not only a mom, but also a sister and quite often, a friend. Not to mention, we’re both Cancerians, so we totally get each other in ways most people can’t. Honestly, the connection with your mom is something that is unexplainable. I mean, she is the one who gave you life.
- You want her opinion on everything. Whether you are making a major decision or just deciding on what to get for dinner, your mom’s input is always needed. Regardless at the fact that you probably don’t always take her advice, you do need to hear her opinion.
- You both share clothes and accessories with each other. Half the things that get worn are usually your mom’s things. From shoes, purses, dresses, and accessories, your mom always has cute pieces for you to steal. I mean in all honesty how many times has someone complimented you and you’ve said, “thanks it’s my mom’s”? I am so guilty of this.
- She is the best shopping buddy. I love shoping! However, I don’t like shopping alone because I’m super indecisive. Likewise, going with my friends isn’t super fun either. I mean it’s still a nice outing, but we all just compliment each other and sometimes you end up doing all the shopping and they just tag along. Therefore, my favourite shopping buddy is my mom! She gives the most honest opinions on everything, she has a good eye for cute things, she usually purchases almost everything and we get to bond. We get to catch up on life, drama, tv shows, all while doing what we both love!
- Literally your mom’s cooking is better than any other person or restaurant… ever. You know you have a special bond with your mom when you get SUPER competitive when anyone tries to one up your mom’s cooking. I mean the gloves come off at that point.
- When you’re on the phone and people don’t know if you’re talking to your mom or a friend. You talk to your mom with respect, but also like she’s one of the girl’s since she’s so chill. I mean, how many times have you gotten off the phone and said, “oh sorry that was just my mom” and everyone is in shock on how you talk to her? For me, countless of times. I’m a bit between how Rory talks to Lorelai and a pinch of how the Kardashians/Jenner sisters talk to Kris. I just can’t help it, she’s a cool mom.
- You send each other memes. Enough said.
- You show her every outfit that you have to wear. If she’s not already in your room looking at what you have picked out, she’s on the phone swiping through all the pictures you have sent her. Whether it’s an interview, gala, birthday dinner, cultural event or event just a girl’s night, nothing will stop you from getting her opinion on your fashion choices.
- Your friend’s like your mom better than you. Again, enough said.
- There is a role reversal where you become the mom sometimes too. If she needs outfit advice, you’re the first person she calls. If she’s not home after 2-3 hours of when she said she would be, you get a panic attack. If she’s making a bad decision, you’re real quick to shut her down and go through other options. When she’s sick, you have an obligation to take care of her. And sometimes, you just have to go all mom-mode and tell her what she needs to hear, even if she doesn’t like it.
- When you go to a party where you know no one, your mom is your date by default. You end up sticking to her side all night because grown-up parties are scary and weird.
No matter how old you get, you will always need your mom, especially when shes one of your BFFs. So go on and give her a hug and tell her you love her!