Spring Break in a Cold Destination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

It’s hard to imagine that Spring Break has come and gone already. It seems like just yesterday I was scrambling all of my last minute packing and sitting in the airport! Some of you might have had a relaxing spring break at the beach, on a cruise or somewhere warm… My Spring Break, this year, I decided to do something total opposite. I went north and experienced some very cold weather. My feet might be swollen and the blisters on my feet are all numb, however the pain was worth the experience! I spent 5 days in New York City! It was such a great atmosphere to forget about school for a minute and get to explore! I accomplished the entire city and boy was it amazing!

Photo taken by Clare Ross

I stayed with my closest sorority sisters who moved straight to New York after graduation. I hadn’t seen them since the day they left college. Seeing the city was a lot of fun as I got to meet some cool people and sight see from every side of Manhattan. I traveled with three of my roommate from school, they made the trip quite entertaining. This trip was honestly the trip of a life time, I mean when is the next time I will be in New York City with my best friends?

On the first day of our trip we woke up at 4:00AM… I am not too much of a morning person so it was a bit rough but exciting knowing I was going to be a part of the Good Morning America Audience! If you haven’t been a part of a live show I highly recommend it! There are so many cool things to watch behind the scenes that I would have never known happened! My friends and I were also able to meet robin Roberts! It was such an honor. She is such an inspirational woman who loves her job and meeting people. New York was overall a great place to go for spring break, I highly recommend you and your best friends to do something different one year for spring break.

Clare (in the pink) and her friends at the Good Morning America show

Now that it is over, it’s time to get back to reality, sadly. I am shocked that it’s almost summer and am beyond ready for May to come!

I am a junior at The University of West Georgia. I am studying Mass Communications broadcasting and journalism as well as minoring in Marketing.