How to Stay Goal-Oriented in the Last Few Weeks of School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

These last few weeks can drag on or fly by so hopefully this article will help you keep your goal in mind as the semester begins to wind down.

1. Get a day planner.

Photo by The Daily Grace Co.

I LOVE and live by my weekly deskpad. I got it off of dailygraceco.com. It is the size of a normal planner, but is broken down to have tasks each day. This helps me sort through each individual task and only focus on big ones. I do still own a normal monthly planner, but use that whenever I am outside of my own apartment.

2. One small short-term goal at a time.

Photo by Miguel Á. Padriñán from Pexels

Another way to stay motivated is to set small goals. For example, instead of saying that you’re going to work out every day of April, maybe saying that this week you’d like to work out for three days and scheduling that time out ASAP. This will help keep you accountable and give you more motivation to go.

3. Dream big!

Photo by Porapak Apichodilok from Pexels

Lastly, find a big dream and break it down. Sometimes, having a larger goal in mind can help us succeed in completing the smaller ones. Make sure to have fun with this big goal. Dream BIG and have fun!

I am a senior at the University of West Georgia studying Mass Communications concentrating on Digital Media and Telecommunications. My minor is in English literature. I hope to become a content creator once I graduate this December!