The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

JJHM Collections

Her Campus UWG is highlighting black-owned businesses that are present at the university. Over the course of the semester, we will be interviewing various businesses and entrepreneurs to promote them and raise awareness! We have recently interviewed Johnna McClendon who told us a little bit about her unique business

What is your name, the name of your business, and the products that you offer? 

My name is Johnna McClendon, my business is called JJHM Collections, and I offer beauty and body care products.

When did you start your business? 

I started my business on October 24, 2020, but I began creating a plan and testing products in June 2020.

What is the mission of your business?

The mission of JJHM Collections is to provide women with products that will help them increase their confidence. I really want women to feel a boost of confidence when they apply my products. With JJHM Collections, you are not only gaining a product, but you are also gaining a feeling as well.

Why did you start your business?

One day in 2019, I was on YouTube, and a suggestion came up of this woman who created her own beauty and body care products. I am really into self-care, and when I saw her make her products, I was inspired. At that point, starting a business was just a thought. The following year, I came across a similar video, and I finally realized I was ready to begin the process. I was excited because I could create products myself. When I used products from other businesses, I always had a confidence shift. That is why my mission with my products is to help others with their confidence.

Where can people find you to support you on your business journey?

I can be found on these platforms: My Website, Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok!

My name is Amari Morrison. I am currently an English major at the University of West Georgia. I plan on getting my certificate in publishing & editing and eventually a best-selling author.
Hello, my name is Johnna! I'm a senior at the University of West Georgia, and my major is psychology with a minor in criminology. I enjoy writing, being creative, and binge-watching tv series. I also own a business called JJHM Collections, where I create cosmetic and personal care products to help women increase their self-love.