This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

This past Sunday the ladies of Her Campus UWG hosted our monthly girl talk via Instagram Live. The thirty minute discussion consisted of recently released music and our tips on how to navigate “cuffing season” effectively. As a group of strong minded women, we feel as though it is important for college women to have a healthy space to communicate our viewpoints. We live in a society that does not fully allow women to express themselves, so we have decided to partake in monthly discussions about topics that will push both comfortable and uncomfortable conversations. 

For this month’s girl talk, the ladies talked about their current music interest. This featured artists such as Summer Walker, J. Cole and Miley Cyrus just to name a few. The conversation then steered towards how the music you’re currently listening to affects your mental state. For example, if you’re listening to DaBaby consistently, you would have more of an aggressive demeanor when it comes to conversations with others and going about your day. On the other hand, if you’re listening to Summer Walker, you have more of a calm aura and in turn are more chill and relaxed. 

The ladies then talked about relationships in the current climate or “cuffing season”. Just because it’s getting cold and now you want somebody to cuddle with, you shouldn’t let everybody into your space. Because when the summer comes around, or the spring that person may be nowhere to be seen. The ladies told the audience that they should focus on their mental health and evaluate every type of relationship before entering it. Your mental state is the most sacred and that’s what you should be taking care of.

In the future, we will continue to have these conversations to continuously build the safe space that we have established. The talks will be hosted at the end of every month. We hope that you all will tune in and engage in the discussion!

Katelyn is a sophomore at the University of West Georgia and majoring in psychology with a double minor in sociology and gender & sexuality studies. She is also the Vice President of the HC UWG chapter.