3 Ways to Give Back This Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Christmas is a time of joy, peace and hope. While we’re all about giving (and receiving) gifts during this time of year, sometimes we forget about others less fortunate than us, others who may not have the chance to give or receive a gift on Christmas.

Read on for some ways to give back this holiday.

Photo by Rémi Walle on Unsplash

1. Volunteer at a food bank: take time out of your Christmas break to volunteer at a good bank. There’s honestly such a special feeling you get when serving people less fortunate than you.
  2. Give to a good cause: this is the season of giving, so why not donate money to a charity or any kind.
  3. Fill up a shoebox: Operation Christmas Child is an awesome organization, where you fill up a shoebox with small gifts for a child.

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

I hope this gave you some ideas on how to give back. Remember: don’t get so “wrapped up” in the presents (see what I did there??), that you forget to give back to others who aren’t able to do the same for you. Merry Christmas!!!

Featured Photo by Erwan Hesry on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.