What Thanksgiving Dish Are You Based on Your Major?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Education: Rolls

You may be considered the rolls of Thanksgiving if you’re an education major. Just like education is essential in the world so are rolls at Thanksgiving. Education majors roll with the ups and downs of having to educate or world. Just like rolls are molded into delicious morsels teachers will mold the minds of children everywhere.

Political Science: Sweet Potato Casserole

Political Science majors are very clearly the sweet Potato Casserole of Thanksgiving dinner. Sweet potato casserole can either be made with pecans on top or marshmallows. The family may be divided due to the topping, resulting in a conflict. If you’re a political science major, you may be known to stir up the pot with talk of politics causing the family to bicker. Are you a pecan or a marshmallow?

Psychology: Gravy

Gravy goes well with just about everything on the Thanksgiving table and so does psychology. Just like gravy there is a psychology that belongs to everything: business psychology, educational psychology, health psychology,

Environmental Science: Tofurkey

Determined to protect the environment you are absolutely the Tofurkey of Thanksgiving! You’re more than likely to hear how your eco-terrorist ways are ruining tradition, but your presence on the table will continue to remind others that the Earth is important and worth protecting.

Exercise Science: Salad

Exercise science is the salad of Thanksgiving dinner. You know being healthy can be both delicious and good for you! You don’t let anyone stop you from living your best life. Proper nutrition is essential.

Business: Turkey

Business is essential in the job industry just as turkey is essential at Thanksgiving dinner. Turkeys are kind of a big deal during Thanksgiving but businesses are a big deal in the job industry all the time.

Engineering : Ham

If you’re an engineering major, you will be the ham on Thanksgiving day. Society relies on a variety of engineers such as electrical and mechanical, just as any food enthusiast relies on the cook to make a mean ham.  

Law Studies: Cornbread

If you’re a law studies major, feel free to call yourself cornbread. Cornbread is a beautiful masterpiece that has to be perfect for Thanksgiving. This is similar to a law studies student to tries to perfect everything they do to prepare for law school.

Maritime Studies: Pecan Pie

Maritime Studies majors are the pecan pie. Just like pecan pie is alluring to all attending thanksgiving feasts, maritime studies are fascinated and drawn to the depths of the sea.

Marketing: Stuffing

Stuffing is a key addition to any Thanksgiving meal as marketing is to any business. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without stuffing. As a marketing major, I would like to think we are one of the most important positions in any business.

Journalism: Cranberry Sauce

Some people thoroughly enjoy cranberry sauce while others couldn’t care less. For this reason, journalism is the cranberry sauce. It tends to be a toss up on whether or not people like journalists.  

English: Macaroni and Cheese

English O’ English you are the Mac and Cheese of Thanksgiving. English, just like noodles, is the basis for the “dish.” Just add some cheese (a.k.a. fabulous writing) and you’ve got yourself a staple for Thanksgiving dinner!

Communications: Mashed Potatoes

Communications majors are the mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving because they’re destined to be mashing together the thoughts and voices of others. Without mashed potatoes you’re looking at lots of very unhappy people!

Nursing: Green Bean Casserole

You cannot forget about the Green Bean Casserole just like you can’t forget about nursing majors! You are bound to take care of the people of the world and are an obvious must.

Hey guys! I am Nicole waldo. I am currently a sophomore at the University of West Florida. Go Argos! This is my first year in HerCampus and I am very excited to be in such a wonderful orgaization. 
Nature lover, turtle fanatic and forever passionate about the environment. I'm an environmental science major and would love to travel the world expereincing all of Earth's environments. I hope to share my love for the world through the written word. 
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs