The Ultimate Guide to Surviving the Week After Spring Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

With Spring Break gone, I have been frantically trying to figure out which products are worth packing in my suitcase to go back to school. Thankfully, Her Campus’s latest Survival Kit helped me to narrow down the contestants be providing some amazing swag for every kind of student. Which of these sounds the most like what you have planned?

1. “Beach or bust!”

For all of you beach babes and sandy sweethearts who can’t stay away from the beach even after spring break, L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-tanning Towelettes  will help you seamlessly transition from ice princess to Gulf goddess, even if you didn’t make it out to the beach over the break. 

Count on the streak-free, sun-kissed glow you can get from these towelettes after just a couple of convenient uses. Each towelette has enough product on it to give your whole body an even coat of natural-looking tan that will make you the envy among all those sunburnt breakers who haven’t been outside since Christmas.

Photo courtesy writer.

As we all know, there is a less glamorous side to the beach-bum coin that comes after strutting around for days at a time in a wet bathing suit. Your chances of getting a yeast infection or a urinary tract infection skyrocket under spring break conditions, but don’t you worry your pretty little beachy-waved head. Cystex Urinary Pain Relief promises to solve that problem.

While I was not about to contract a UTI for the sake of testing this particular product on your behalf, (Call me a bad journalist. Whatever.), I can tell you what I found while scouring the internet for information about this stuff: It works. Cystex will help buy you some time and relief while you are waiting to get to your doctor’s office, which is invaluable when it comes to suffering from a UTI. The reviews I have read are overwhelmingly positive, too, so it may be a good idea to snag a box to keep on hand for when the going gets tough, if you know what I mean.

2. “I have an internship interview in the morning!”

Back to the grind. You mean that week in the springtime that you spend submitting summer internship applications and smiling until your face hurts during interviews? Ah, yes. We know it well. And so do the brilliant ladies over at Actually, She Can who provided a copy of their publication to this season’s survival kit. From networking tips to advice on how to cancel plans, Actually, She Can understands what it means to be a young professional with her eye on the prize. Take a breather in between internship applications and scan the pages of this publication. If I might make a recommendation just for you: Page eight has tips about meditation.

Photo courtesy writer.

And now that you’re back from spring break, let your vibrancy show through. Make an impression at that interview by puckering up with Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Matte Revolution Lipstick samples. I was personally impressed with the vivid tones and staying power of these tiny, easily applied samples. You press the card between your lips and boom: show-stopping color that lasts several hours. These are a great way to experiment with a risky color before committing to a whole stick, especially because Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks run upwards of $30, but they are also an ideal was to show off your confidence in an interview.

Photo courtesy writer.

3. “I’ll see if I can pencil you in.”

For those of you who hardly got a break this past week and are stressing just thinking about the rest of this semester, we’ve got you covered. Well, Erin Condren does with this monthly planner that provides everything you need to live a beautifully organized life. Plans not included.

The colorful pages and variably organized pages will carry you through each month in style, allowing you to customize your planning experience. Whether you need to see the month at a glance or make a to-do list, every time you open this planner you will feel like you have your stuff together.

It’s no secret that I am a huge proponent for keeping a planner. While I tend to gravitate toward weekly planners, this Erin Condren Monthly Planner just might change my mind. There is something singularly motivating about color-coordinated months that I couldn’t possibly convey in words. You’ll just have to see for yourself!

Photo courtesy writer.

Staying busy also means staying flawless. Bouncing between coffee dates and movie plans with all the people who have been dying to see you since you were last in town leaves little time for keeping up with your hair. Psssst! Dry Shampoo will keep you selfie ready by refreshing your hair to its just-washed glory in mere minutes without leaving a trace, other than making your hair smell like you just stepped out of the shower with fun scents like Sugar Berry or Fruity Floral. For your post-spring break haircare needs, I recommend packing a bottle of Psssst! in the Tropical variety.

Photo courtesy writer.

As a frequent dry shampoo user, I can vouch for how fantastic this stuff smells and how well it worked without having to use too much product. It didn’t leave that white, dandruff-looking gunk behind, either. Honestly, finding Pssst! means that I am going to wait even longer to wash my hair than I usually do, so this stuff has made me even more punk rock than I could have imagined. Yes, please.

4. “Nobody talk to me. I’m feeling inspired.”

The colors of spring are inspiring to say the least. For the artist capitalizing on some down time between classes to create and unwind, reach for Erin Condren’s Colorful Dual-Tip Markers. These things have your back through thick and thin, literally. With two different tips on each marker, these can satisfy all of your creative needs during your artistic retreat. Scrawl in dainty script or make a bold statement, the choice is yours.

Photo courtesy writer.

As I am clearly more of a wordsmith than a visual artist, I will refrain from torturing you with pictures of my own experiments with these markers. I can promise you, though, that I had a little too much fun playing around with the bright hues provided by this marker set. You really can go from sketching in gossamer lines to outlining in broad strokes by simply flipping over the marker. I can respect that sort of versatility in a writing utensil.

Regardless of what your post spring break plans look like, these products in the Her Campus Survival Kit will help you make the most of it. Confidently toss them into your backpack because we know you’ll be thanking us later. 

Thumbnail courtesy of Unsplash.

I'm a pop-punk-blaring, pizza-chomping, puppy-loving, true crime enthusiast.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs