This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

It’s hour 14 of studying. The clock strikes 4… as in 4 a.m.! You start thinking about your next day and pray that the gods of beauty sleep bless you with no bedhead, glowing skin and enough energy to make it through the next day.

Sadly, the world doesn’t work like that.

If you are one of the lucky few who can suffer from sleep deprivation without anybody noticing it, you go! As for everyone else, here are a few tips you can use as finals season carries out to mask your tiredness from the unknowing eye.

1. Treat Yo’ Skin

Start the day off with a facial sheet mask. Personally, I used the 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask. The mask already has the perfect amount of product and has cool,gooey feeling that is sure to wake you up! It will also give you a much-needed laugh as the mask can give you an extra-terrestrial appearance… Feel free to laugh at my own sheet mask experience. Confession: My skin felt so smooth afterwards!

2. Caffeinate

Prepare yourself a cup of Yogi Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy tea. This tea will enhance your mood and increase your energy level. Plus, the tangerine aroma of this tea is sure to awaken you even more after the relaxing sensation of the face mask!

3. Fake It ‘Til You Make It

When all else fails, get your makeup on. By using three Rimmel London products, you can transform your look from sleepy-head to I-totally-slept-eight-hours! With finals, there usually comes an accompaniment of salty junk food. All of the salt and sugars in this less healthy diet has a tendency to make your body bloat, so start by using a bit of contour to sculpt your cheekbone and prevent any of your classmates from noticing the results of a salt-saturated diet.

Next, put on Rimmel London’s Scandaleyes mascara to give your eyes a wide, alert look as well as a coat of Rimmel London’s Provocalips for a long-lasting lip color. I put on the liquid lip color at 7 a.m. and had to scrub it off at 8 p.m. because the formula stayed on for so long!

This whole routine takes about 20 minutes and is sure to turn your day around!

Thumbnail

Leonie is a first-year student at the University of West Florida in sunny Pensacola, Florida. When she isn't studying for her MCAT prerequisites, Leonie loves to dance, whether it's by herself, with her dance teammates, or teaching a Zumba class. She is currently working on a super exciting ALS/Schizophrenia research project with a laboratory in Dublin. "Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day."
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs