5 Reasons Being a Single Woman is Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

You may be thinking, “um what? Being single is the worst. How can being alone be amazing?” Well, I’m here to tell you that being single is not as bad as it seems.

Girls, now is the time to find our lifelong significant other. We are in our prime. We are in college and our future is right around the corner. But we are also still so young. Why are we rushing the process along? What is wrong with focusing on ourselves? Why are we all in such a hurry to find a man when the men our age are still just boys? I, too, have struggled with trying to find my forever guy so much so that it has become all I’ve been focusing on. There is nothing wrong with being in a committed relationship. I commend the women that can handle a relationship at this time in their lives. However for a lot of us, we need to hang up the relationship hat and focus on ourselves for once.

Being single means:

1. GNOs

What girl doesn’t love being with her friends on a Friday night? The single life gives you the freedom to go and flirt with whomever you would like to. There is no pressure on you to please someone else.

2. Focus

Not having to look nice or answer to someone else frees your mind of useless pressure. We are at the point in our lives where grades matter and focusing on our careers in order to become empowered women should be at the forefront of our minds.

3. Less Stress

“Why haven’t you replied?” “Where are you?” “Who was he?” Sounds familiar ladies? With a relationship comes stress. No matter how great the relationship is, there is always underlying stress to please your SO. Being single allows you to get rid of stress that hinders you from being your best.

4. Independence

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means?

Those lyrics are all I should have to say.

5. Being okay with who you are

It is scientifically proven that being single can do a number of great things for your overall wellbeing and health. Being single allows you to dig deep within yourself and find out what kind of person you want to be in life. Take the time to look in the mirror and ask yourself who you want to be. Be content with yourself. Get to the point where even when you are alone, you are never lonely. Be so involved in your life that you don’t have time to notice the boys staring. Find happiness in being single.

Ladies, if you can’t love yourself how do you ever expect anyone else to love you?