4 Embellished Hair Accessories to Spice Up the Worst Bad Hair Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Ladies, let’s face it. We all have those mornings where we either don’t have the energy to do our hair or we’re running late and have more important things on our to-do list than styling our mane. Instead of just tossing our hair into a messy bun or ponytail, add an embellished hair accessory to spice up that potentially bad hair day.

Twist away 

Throw your hair into a messy bun, and then add a studded head wrap to create an effortless punk look. Not only will it add more dimension to your outfit, it will make your messy bun appear like you put ten times more effort into it.

Not your average bobby pin

Using plain old bobby pins can get tired and boring. Instead, try some unique bobby pins to add a more refined and unique look to your locks. It’ll also keep your hair out of your face so you can focus on class and studying.

Bling it on

Headbands should always be a girls’ best friend. You’re able to wear it with any hairstyle up or down. Keeping that in mind, pairing your messy braid with a blinged out headband will have you walking around campus like a goddess.

Beads + Hair Tie= Excellence 

A hair tie is a classic essential for any girl. It can be worn both in our hair or on our wrist. Rather than referring to a solid color headband, grab one of these beaded hair ties to give your messy ponytail a cute and fun touch.

Thumbnail courtesy of Unsplash

My name is Tatyana Ransome. I'm currently a student at the University of West Florida, studying Advertising with a Minor in Photography. With this major, I'm hoping to pursue fashion editing, fashion marketing, and blogging. I also love any and everything associated with Beyoncé!
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs