11 Times Professor McGonagall Was a Boss Witch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

We knew we loved her from the moment her character was introduced. Minerva McGonagall is the witch we should all aspire to be. She’s brutally honest, unwaveringly loyal, and simply magical.

Here are 11 moments that made me love Professor McGonagall with all of my heart:

1. When she threatened to transfigure Harry or Ron into a pocket watch so that they might be on time to class: 

2. Then a few years later she turned around and reprimanded Professor Moody for transfiguring Draco Malfoy into a ferret:

3. When she punished the four of them equally… That’s what you get, Malfoy! Even Professor McGonagall doesn’t like a snitch (unless it’s golden and Harry Potter nearly swallows it).

4. The moment that she doomed Professor Lockhart to enter the Chamber of Secrets… because his skills “after all, are legend.”

5. When she stood up for Harry because he is a boy, not a piece of meat. 

6. When she coined the best tongue twister of all time: 

7. She hated the toad that is Dolores Umbridge as much as we did:

8. Despite their differences, she comforted Professor Trelawney in a time of need…

9. When she said what we’d all been thinking for six years: 

10. When she threw curses at the new headmaster…

11. When she finally, finally uses that spell:

There just isn’t anyone quite like Professor McGonagall. She is exceptional at transfiguration, sassy and knowledgeable, and an ally to every student in need (unless they’re Slytherin, then they belong in the dungeons). She is the baddest witch in the Harry Potter universe.

Thumbnail / 1 / 2 / 34 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15

You'll find me in my hammock between classes, drooling over volcano sushi rolls, or cross stitching in silence. I'm a maritime studies student with a dream of working on oceanic documentaries or founding Atlantis, whichever comes first.