priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

I was asked to write a light-hearted article and honestly, what could be more light-hearted than reading a reference of pick-up lines per major.

NOTE: CONTENT COULD GET SEXUAL! PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Computer Science
  • My heart beat goes from O(2^n) to O(logn) on seeing you.

• // TODO: You

• I used to think love() was abstract, until you implemented it in MyHeart.

• Baby, want to traverse my dijkstra branch?

• Give me your credentials and I’ll show you how privilege escalation REALLY works.

• I wrote a special version of Stuxnet designed to make you go nuclear.

• Why don’t we go to my 127.0.0.1, and I’ll give you sudo access.

• Roses are #f00, Violets are #00f, show me your bar and I’ll give you my foo

• I can’t wait to inject your SQL into my application layer.

• Are you a friend class of mine? Because I’d let you touch my privates

• Can I dereference my pointer inside your protected area?

• You are my loop condition. I keep coming back to you.

• Are you an exception? I bet I can catch you.

Pre-Med
  • You must be the one for me, since my selectively permeable membrane let you through.

• Like metagenomics used on viral genetic material, I feel that sometimes you know the only way to really see me.

• I’m Homozygous recessive. Wanna do a test cross?

• If I were a Schwann cell, I’d squeeze around your axon and give you a fast action potential.

• If I were an enzyme, I’d be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes.

• Let me be the myelin to your axon

• Are you my appendix? I have a gut feeling I should take you out.

• You must be my coronary artery because you’re wrapped around my heart.

• If I said you had a monoclonal antibody, would you hold it against me?

• Emphysema puffs pink, chronic bronchitis makes you blue, but no COPD makes me as breathless as you.

• Are you a C-reactive protein? Because you have a-cute phase.

• You’re systemic and I’m pulmonary. Though we may be divided, together we are one.

• My love for you is so strong it can’t be dialyzed.

• You’re the sinoatrial node of my heart. Without you, even a defibrillator won’t save me.

Sciences & Engineering
  • You are the sodium to my chloride.

• I’m so attracted to you that the scientists have to develop a fifth fundamental force.

• You are the Higgs Boson of my life, because without you my universe won’t ‘matter’.

• Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you’re CuTe.

• Do you have 11 protons? Cause you’re sodium fine.

• Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you.

• Your name must be Andromeda, ’cause we are destined to collide.

• Wanna measure the coefficient of static friction between us?

• Let’s head to my lab so I can prove that Big Bang isn’t just a theory.

• You are like a high amperage current and I’m a high resistance wire, cause you’ve got me hot.

Mathematics (You should really listen to Klein Four. They have the best Math based songs)
  • I know hundreds of Pi digits, but what I really want to know is the 7 digits of your phone number.

• I wish I were the first N terms of your convergent Taylor polynomial expansion so I could get close to you.

• Our love is like the topology on A and B {{},{A,B},{A}}: it’s not discrete, and everything else is trivial (down to homeomorphism).

• I wanna simplify the square root of u squared so u and i can be together.

• Is your contravariant hom-functor left exact? Cause I’d like to inject into you

• I believe you’ll find my Hardy-Littlewood quite maximal.

• I wish I was a derivative, just so that I could lie tangent to your curves.

• You have got more curves than a triple integral.

• My love is like a fractal, it goes on forever.

• Had you been a triangle, you would be acute one.

Psychology
  • You light up my world like my primary visual cortex.

• Hey Girl! Are you an unconditioned stimulus, because you make me display the unconditioned response like pavlovs dog.

• Baby I love everything about you not just the fragmented parts of your personality or your cognitive functioning.

• Roses are red, Violets are blue. If you were a null Hypothesis, I would fail to reject you.

• Sex is on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Care to help me self-actualize?

• Let me show you a relaxation technique not used for systematic desensitization.

• Baby, you activate my HPA axis. You make my dopamine levels go all silly.

• All three levels of my psyche agree, we need to start dating.

• You’re the Youngian archetype for the perfect woman.

• Baby, all i see in my Rorschach Tests is me and you!

• Why don’t I show you my giant inkblot so you can tell me how you feel about it, hmm?

• What Freudians repress, let’s express!

Based on the majors done, you can possibly see which majors I am biased towards. Yes, I am a computer science and business double major with some sort of special interest in medical sciences. I did not do a list of pick up lines for business or LEPP students because they are just naturally smooth. They do not need a guide like this. (or maybe I was just being too lazy. Will leave it to you to decide between the two). Feminist as I am, I could not help but give bonus credit to http://www.shedoesthecity.com/20-feminist-pick-up-lines. They have one of the most lit and honestly pick up lines that would actually work on me.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.