This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Here are 5 struggles that UWB students go through on a daily.

Parking!

Between the hours of 8am to 3pm, finding good parking where you don’t have to feel like your walking miles to your class from your parking spot or trying to find a parking spot within the few minutes that you arrive is a struggle that only UWB students can truly understand.

Food!

There’s Subway and food trucks… which yeah a nice sandwich with fresh vegetables is nice every know and yes it’s cool that we have food trucks but who really wants to eat the same food all the time. Its times like this where you are truly jealous of the Seattle campus because they have the Ave with all different types of food from different countries and at reasonable prices.

Registration!

Man oh man, if you don’t have priority when it comes to registering for class than waking up around 5:40 am is a must. Don’t get me wrong registering for classes can be exciting, it creates a whole new world of opportunities for classes to take and gets you thinking about the future. But lets be real, we have all been stressed out and scared, hoping that the class that we need or want doesn’t get full. And if it does get full we’re screwed and have to sign up for the text message notification of availability, which causes so much anxiety every time your phone vibrates.

UWBB

Some of us have never had to worry about this building while others have unfortunately had a class here either every quarter or once in a blue moon. Whenever the frequency, we can all agree that it sucks. First off ain’t no one trying to walk that in less than 15 minutes, second we live in western Washington where its always cold and rainy, third we’re tired. Even if you have a car, yes it is very nice to drive over there but there always seems to be a line of cars and extremely slow drivers, which doesn’t always make it better, plus parking.

Traffic

Lastly if you commute to school and have to go on 405 then you truly know the struggle. The traffic on 405 makes you want to go crazy sometimes or even makes you not want to go to school and you begin to contemplate “like is class, my grade, and my future career, really worth being in traffic for an hour”. But usually the answer is always yes. Yes it’s really worth it.

Although we have these struggles that make us want to scream sometimes, the community at UWB always makes up for it and makes us a very unique campus because of it. Like Kelly Clarkson says “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”.

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.