This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Are you looking for new music? 

If you are, Here are 3 new upcoming female artist that I highly recommend you check out soon! 

Summer Walker 

Since Summer Walker is still fairly new, not much information is known about her. It has been said that she is from Texas but later moved to Atlantic and that she actually started her career as a model. As a model she appeared in music videos, such as Kanye West “Golddigger” and T.I ” I’m a King”. In August 2018, she released her new song “Girls Need Love”, where she sings about how women also have sexual needs and not just men. Another big hit song has been ” Session 32″, that is about a broken relationship. This song was actually played and sung by Kylie Jenner on her Snapchat one night and the song then got a lot of attention. Summer Walker’s genre is mostly contemporary R&B/Soul. 

Kiana Lede

Kiana Lede is a singer, songwriter, and actress. She was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. She has appeared in shows like “Scream” and “All about the washingtons”.  Although she is also a actress, her main focus is singing and song writing. She first began in the music industry when her mom uploaded a video to Kidz Bop, of Kiana singing, she actually ended up winning the 2011 KIDZ star USA grand prize out of 45,000 submissions, according to her Wiki. Later on she won the national talent search by American Idol. She was later signed to Republic records. Her genre is Soul and R&B.     

Kali Uchis 

Kali Uchis is a singer, song writer, and music video director. She is originally from Pereira, Colombia, her family moved to the United States in the 90’s, When Kali was in third grade. Growing up she she learned how to play the guitar and saxophone, in addition to this she also wrote songs and poetry but her focus was not originally in music it was in directing films. According to her wiki, she would often skip class in high school to go to the photo lab and make short films.  After graduating she released her first mixtape and that is when her music career began. Since then she has collaborated with artist like Snoop Dogg, Tyler the creator, Diplo, Gorillaz, and Jorja Smith to name a few. Her genre of music is R&B, Neo Soul, and Pop. 

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.