Why Senior Year of College Is The Best and also the Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Senior year of college. The expectations are high, the questions are many, and the feelings are a mess. Here are some feelings that seniors have as they are approaching their college expiration date. 

Happy to be done with homework and school. Sad to be leaving college

On one hand, it’s going to be nice not being a student and dedicating your life to homework. On another hand…isn’t college the most memorable years of our lives?

Leaving your friends and going separate ways

It is a hard realization to come to, but we won’t be living one bedroom away from our best friends forever. 

Student loans are going to become a reality

If you haven’t already started paying them, you will have to soon.

People asking you where you are going to work

Cue the heart palpitations. I will figure that out when I am homeless on the street. 

No more taking pointless classes to fulfill a requirement

Begone awful math classes!

No more moving living spaces every year

Living in college is basically like being ready to move your whole life at the drop of a hat. I can’t wait until I can settle in a place and know that I will stay there for more than a year. 

Although college is a blast, it is also exciting moving forward in life and closing one door to open another. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout