What Tattoo You Should Get Based on Your Astrological Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

We are breaking down what tattoo is the right one for you based on your astrological sign! 

Aries

Aries are strong, bold, passionate, and highly motivated. They are always sure of what direction they are going in and are moving full speed ahead! A statement tattoo in a visible place is the way to go for an Aries! 

Taurus 

The Taurus is ruled by Venus, the planet of love. They are sensitive and well-rounded. They love the finer things in life but also stay grounded and connected to the earth. A small and delicate tattoo is the way to go!

Gemini 

Geminis are always flipping between their different energies. They can go from confident to chaotic in seconds! They have a hard time being held down by just one thing. One tattoo will never be enough for them to express all their personalities. More than one tattoo will be the best for a Gemini. 

Cancer

Cancers are loyal, family-based, and big on traditions. They would rather be at home than out on the town! A meaningful tattoo will be a good fit for Cancer signs. Something like a pet’s paw prints or a family tree would be a perfect fit!

Leo

Leos are the star of the show and no one can dime their shine! They are always the boss, they know what they want and will do what they need to get it! The best tattoo for a Leo is a lion, it is your animal after all!

Virgo

Virgos are the most detailed of all the signs. They are never going to be the one to jump in feet first; they will plan out everything! Virgos would love a simple but detail-oriented tattoo!

Libra

Libras don’t like to be alone; they always have a bestie, boyfriend, or girlfriend right by their side. A matching tattoo is going to be the best for a Libra!

Scorpio 

Scorpios don’t do anything in half measures; they love life and live it to the fullest! They know what they are passionate about and love it fiercely! The perfect tattoo for a Scorpio is something that shows off their passions!

Sagittarius 

Sagittarius can’t stay still for a long time; they are always dreaming about their next adventure. They are full of Wanderlust and always ready to travel to their next amazing adventure.  The perfect tattoo for a Sagittarius is one that embraces travel, like a map or plane! 

Capricorn 

Capricorns are the most grounded sign. Their feet are planted in the ground and their head is nowhere near the sky! A tree is a perfect tattoo for a Capricorn to remind them of their roots, but just like leaves, it is okay to change for different seasons!

Aquarius 

The Aquarius is always trying to make the world a better place. They are kind-hearted and free-spirited! A mandala would be the best tattoo for an Aquarius, reminding them how connected everything in the world is!   

Pisces 

Pieces are true romantics; they are dreamy and whimsical! They are the human version floaty multicolored cloud! A delicate watercolor tattoo is the way to go for any Pisces! 

If you know in your heart that you want to get a tattoo, but don’t know how to figure it out in your head, look to the stars for inspiration. 

Hi, my name is Margaret Schultz. I am a junior at UW-Stout in the business administration program with a minor in communication. My hope is to go on and get my master's in divinity. I love hanging out with my family and friends, teaching Sunday School, reading, and exploring!
Her Campus at UW-Stout