Unveiled Wedding Event: An Insiders Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Unveiled is described as the “Ultimate Wedding Planning Event,” and the Stout Events Society had the opportunity to volunteer there this year. The event, which takes place at the Minneapolis Convention Center twice a year with an exhibit, is put on by “The Wedding Guys.” This duo, aka. Matthew Trettel and Bruce Vassar, is well known for setting trends in the bridal industry. The typical guests are the bridal parties who attend the event to gain ideas and inspiration for their own big days. Inspiration comes from many showrooms, some filled with gowns and others filled with table décor. 

“Our role at the event is to work with The Wedding Guys from start to finish,” says Ellaina Henke, Stout Events Society volunteer coordinator. “This is to setup the different stages of an event. This includes a ceremony setting, reception rotunda, fashion show, bistro and gown gallery. During the actual event, we work various tasks such as greeting attendees, ticket sales, assisting with the fashion show, etc. Lastly, we help to tear down the show. It is very beneficial that we are able to see all of the different stages of the event, and [it is] a great learning experience for anyone going into the event industry to see what all is involved in the process.”

It is important to be an active member of a student organization, as there are more opportunities to network with people that could potentially help you down the road. Plus, it is always nice to have people in the same industry that you can connect with and get advice from.

It is events like the Ultimate Wedding Planning Event that confirm club members’ passion for the event planning industry. They are able to get hands-on experience, which sets them apart from other students on this career path. “I am going into the wedding industry after graduation and love the experience that I gain each time I do this event,” says Lindsay Frank, the vice president of the Stout Events Society. “It is always exciting to see what trends are occurring, as well as how much the wedding industry changes each season.”

All photos courtesy of UW-Stout students, Lindsay Frank and Angie Toth.