This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

1.)  Winter

From ice-covered campus making us professional skaters to the negative forty wind chills, winter is the never-ending season around these parts.

2.) Registration Day

The mad dash to get into a required class that’s already full isn’t as appealing as it was beginning of freshman year. 

3.) Lake Menom 

Sitting so close to Stout, the sickening odor wafting through campus might make your coffee come back up. 

4.) The Clock Tower

Although the students don’t even hear the dinging every 15 minutes, it is known to drive visitors insane.

5.) The trek up Harvey Hill

6.) Stout Laptops

As grateful as we are to receive “free” laptops, they’re sometimes more frustrating than useful. 

7.) Constant sirens.

Some days it seems there are more sirens than silence. Stout students have learned to sleep through everything. 

8.) The squirrels WILL scare you at some point 

Abigail Filcher is originally from Green Bay, Wisconsin and is a junior majoring in Graphic Design with a concentration in Interactive Media and Business Administration with a double emphasis in Marketing and Art. She is known as a nap addict, chocoholic, and dedicated coffee connoisseur.
Her Campus at UW-Stout