This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

The start of a new semester brings out the best in us: we arrive early to our classes, we do not procrastinate (at least, not too much), and make an effort in creating outfits. Fast forward twelve weeks and we are pressing the snooze button, opting for Netflix over homework, and wearing the same pair of leggings all week long. With finals right around the corner it is important to reflect on how far we have come this semester fashion-wise:

Pre-Semester: Whether it is summer or winter break we stock up on all those cute outfits we cannot wait to wear for our 8 a.m. classes.

First Day of Class: With new classmates and professors there are a lot of first impressions to be made. So, we wear our current favorite outfit (courtesy of some recent shopping sprees) and walk into class with our heads held high.

A Couple Weeks Later: We are settled into the class by now and no longer feel a need to impress people. Before going all out casual we will start by wearing sweatpants or leggings once (okay, twice) a week. It is all down hill from here. 

Exam Day: That exam we promised ourselves we would study for a week in advance? (add “Yeah,” right here) Try pulling an all-nighter, not showering, and forgoing makeup or changing out of yesterday’s clothes.

Presentation Day: The absolute last day we dress up for class. If we were not standing up in front of the class or being graded on our “professional attire,” we would be chilling in the back row, subtly spending time on Snapchat or Pinterest. This is a very difficult day for us. We are not used to wearing actual adult clothes. Or non-stretch clothes for that matter.

Final Class: We made it! After fifteen weeks of slowly easing into our casual clothes it is time to go all out. Unleash the mismatched socks, baggy sweater and sweatpants, and stained UGG boots. We rationalize with ourselves that we won’t see these people or professors for a while (or ever again) so what point does it serve to dress up? Happy Finals Week!

Abigail is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is majoring in Retail Merchandising and Management with a concentration in Fashion Marketing and has a double minor in Business Administration and Spanish. Aside from being a Style Writer for Her Campus, she is involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) and Street Level Ministries. In her spare time she enjoys collecting art, watching Hallmark movies with family and friends, and going on adventures. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout