Mr. Campus Cutie: Matt Gundrum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Matthew Gundrum

Hometown: Franklin, WI

Year: Junior

Major: Professional Communications and Emerging Media

Relationship Status: Taken

What activities are you involved with on campus?

I’m an entertainment writer for the Stoutonia and a newly christened HisCampus writer! I’m also in the Professional Association of Communicators club here on campus.

Welcome to HerCampus, how has being a HisCampus writer been so far?

It’s been great. I’ve already met a bunch of cool people and I’m more than excited to start contributing.

Have you had any crazy questions yet?

Not yet but I’m certainly anticipating them!

What interested you in writing for HerCampus as a HisCampus writer?

I love writing and I found this opportunity to be perfect for me. I’ll take whatever chance I can to create content and share it with others.

What do you want to do with your major?

I’d be interested in editing and journalism for a major news aggregate or becoming a technical communications specialist for a tech firm.

What is your five year plan?

Well I’m going to finish my schooling here first, obviously. I then hope to land a job after college related to aforementioned positions and work my way up from there.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I would travel to Scotland because its the perfect blend of gorgeous scenery and rich history.

What is the coolest place that you have traveled too?

I’d say Hilton Head. It’s an island off of South Carolina and it’s absolute paradise.

How old were you when you had your first significant other?

Think I was sixteen? We met over Facebook and went on two pitiful dates. First one was at the Wisconsin State Fair second at a high school football game.  The State Fair date brought about my first kiss. It took place in the middle of the crowded fair grounds. I felt so alpha when we were sloppily making out amongst hundreds of people. The second date was essentially the same thing but on bleachers. Adolescence is weird.

Would you consider yourself a hopeless romantic?

I have my moments but I’d say no.

What is your ideal of the perfect date?

I’d probably start with a morning bike ride on a gorgeous trail. Then there’d be an afternoon picnic in the park. After the picnic we’d aimlessly drive down a country road with the windows down listening to Rubber Soul in its entirety by the Beatles. We’d finally end the day under the stars while talking about life and such.

What is your favorite Romantic Comedy?

My favorite romantic comedy is The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That movie makes me feel some type of way.

Hey Everyone! I'm Amanda, I'm typically a sports writer, but I'm switching it up and LOVE writing for HerCampus so far! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout