Miss Campus Cutie: Piper Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Piper Anderson

Hometown: Superior, WI

Program of Emphasis: Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What are your on campus contributions as a student at UW-Stout? 

PA: I am a member of the Stout Event’s Society, which works well with my major since it is Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism with an emphasis in events. We volunteer at events and sometimes even get to plan and execute them fully. It’s a great opportunity for networking and a resume builder, especially since I aspire to be an event planner!

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

PA: Positive, friendly, and honest

HC: If you could be anyone in history, who would it be and why?

PA: I would choose to be Eleanor Roosevelt because she transformed the role of the First Lady. She lobbied for civil rights policies to assist the poor, minorities, and women. She took a stand for what she believed in and put her words into actions.

HC: Do you have any siblings?

PA: Yes, two sisters and three brothers

HC: What is your favorite day of the week?

PA: Friday

HC: What, in your opinion, is the most attractive characteristic a guy can possess?

PC: Loyalty. If he doesn’t only want you, he isn’t for you!

HC: Do you believe that there is only one love for everyone?

PC: I think you will always have a special place in your heart for your “first love”, but no, I don’t believe there is one love for everybody. We are constantly growing and changing as people. We find out new things about ourselves daily. Every “wrong” love, will eventually point you to your “right” one, and then maybe, you will have found your one and truly.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

PC: Charlie Hunnam, otherwise known as “Jax Teller.” Sons Of Anarchy all the way, baby!

HC: What is something you would change about the way guys and girls go about dating today? Do you think we need to take dating more seriously, like dating used to be?

PA: People don’t even date nowadays. You’re either “talking” or have a “thing” with that person, or are in a relationship. Honestly, what even is a “thing” really? People don’t go on dates anymore either. It’s “hanging out.” I think we need to take it back to the Fifties : dinner, drive-ins and dancing.

HC: What celebrity do you think is a good representative of a strong role model for girls today?

PA: Taylor Swift. She seems to be a genuinely good person and respects her fans. She is never seen in the media for negativity and not only did she start her career at sixteen, but she built herself an empire. If that isn’t girl power, I don’t know what is!

Her Campus at UW-Stout