Meet Mr. Greek Week: Jonathon Stabenow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

“College isn’t easy no matter who you are and what major you’re in. I truly believe everyone needs a great support system no matter what path they choose in life.”

Name: Jonathon H. Stabenow

Major: Marketing and Business Education

Year: Junior

Hometown: Augusta, Wisconsin

HC: Why did you choose to attend UW-Stout?

JS: I’d have to say that the main reason I decided to go to UW-Stout is because I had a really great tour my Senior year of High School and thought that this would be the best place for me to pursue a degree. It’s also pretty close to home which gives me the ability to visit with my two nieces and other family members on a more regular basis. 

HC: What does winning Mr. Greek Week mean to you?

JS: Winning Mr. Greek meant a lot to not just myself but also my brothers at Sigma Tau Gamma. We are finally able to participate with Greek events on campus thanks to our reinstatement and it felt like not just a victory for myself personally but also for our whole Fraternity. I’m also happy for the opportunity to be a figure in the Greek community and be a positive role model for all the organizations and the good they do for this campus and the community.

HC: Aside from being named Mr. Greek Week, what was the best part about Greek Week this year?

JS: I’d have to say the best part about Greek week was meeting new people and participating in the friendly, yet competitive events.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Greek Life?

JS: To me the best part about Greek Life is honestly the volunteering and good that we as Greek organizations do for the surrounding community. Whether it’s through Special Olympics, helping at the Library, or whatever community service project we are working on at the time, it really makes you feel good to help out those in need and really helps you to take pride in what you have been doing with your time here in college.

HC: Where do you get your inspiration?

JS: I’d have to say my biggest inspiration is my family and brothers at Sigma Tau Gamma. I am lucky to have these amazingly supportive people in my life and they really help to push me to be all that I can be and are there for me whenever I need a helping hand. College isn’t easy no matter who you are and what major you’re in. I truly believe everyone needs a great support system no matter what path they choose in life and I am lucky to have just that.

HC: What are your plans and hopes for your future?

JS: After college, I plan on pursuing a career in marketing and eventually go into teaching, probably at a Technical College as a marketing Professor. My hope for the future is that I am able to find that special someone to share my life with and raise a family with a blue-eyed husky named Brutus.

SPEED ROUND:

Favorite Spot on Campus: The Multi-Purpose Room

Favorite TV Show: Supernatural

Dream Job: NFL head coach

One Word Your Friends Use to Describe You: Personable

Jackie is currently a UW-Stout junior pursing a major in Professional Communications and Emerging Media with a concentration in Applied Journalism, working towards a career in Public Relations. Jackie is the Campus Correspondent, as well as a Feature and Campus Celebrity writer for the UW-Stout chapter. Originally from the east coast, Jackie has lived in the unfavorably cold state of Minnesota for most of her life. She enjoys blogging, music, spending time with her friends and family, cheering on her favorite MA sports teams, comedies, and simply getting up and being active. Jackie has many plans and aspirations, but has just begun her future as a writer.
Her Campus at UW-Stout