Meet Lindsey Redenbaugh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Lindsey Redenbaugh

Major: Professional Communications and Emerging Media (PCEM) with a concentration in Applied Journalism

Minor: Spanish

Year: Senior

Hometown: Duluth, MN

HC: Why did you choose to attend UW-Stout?

LR: I really wasn’t expecting to go to Stout. I toured ten other schools, but my cousin went here and she bugged me until I came to take a tour of campus. After hearing about the textbook rentals, free laptops, and the PCEM major, I was sold. I’m so glad I ended up here.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about UW-Stout?

LR: I love all of the opportunities to get involved on campus and attend events. There’s always something going on! I also love the chime of the bells from the clock tower.

HC: How did you decide you wanted to pursue a communications major?

LR: I didn’t really have any idea about what I wanted to do, but I loved to write. I thought communications sounded like a major where I could use my experience and my love for writing. I met with the program director and he told me that I could also incorporate an applied field in event planning and I decided PCEM was the right fit.

HC: You recently created the Professional Association of Communicators at Stout, tell us what that’s all about.

LR: We wanted to create an organization that goes along with the PCEM major. Most other majors have a professional organization and we were feeling a little left out. Our goal is to give students opportunities to grow professionally and network with other students, professors, and professionals. At our meetings, we have speakers from the communications field and tutorials on adobe programs and coding. We also work to communicate with the PCEM faculty about our thoughts about the program.

HC: What can we expect from the Professional Association of Communicators in the near future?

LR: We’re helping with the upcoming PCEM expo from April 13th-17th. We’re bringing speakers on campus for a week of PCEM related activities. We’re also starting to work with groups like the National Science Olympiad and the Boys and Girls club to help with their communications needs and get students experience with real life clients. We’re looking forward to growing and planning many more events!

HC: We know you’re quite the busybody, what else are you involved in on campus and in the community?

LR: I’m a Resident Advisor in AFM. I’m the On Campus Marketing Coordinator for the National Residence Hall Honorary and I’m a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma, the national service sorority on campus.

HC: Where do you get your inspiration?

LR: I’ve had a lot of great role models. In each organization I’ve been a part of I’ve had people that I’ve looked up to that have done great things. It’s been my goal to live up to their legacies. I’m also religious, so I think my faith is my motivator and inspiration for a lot of things I do as well.

HC: What are your plans and aspirations for your future?

LR: Well, I’m not quite sure. I graduate in May and am looking for a job in the public relations field. I’d really like to work in the non-profit industry, but we’ll see how that goes. I’m getting married in June and looking forward to moving into my new house in Duluth and decorating!  

SPEED ROUND:

Dream Job: Public Relations for a non-profit

Favorite Spot on Campus: The AFM front desk

Favorite Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Favorite App: The IMDB app (I’m always looking up movies to watch)

Jackie is currently a UW-Stout junior pursing a major in Professional Communications and Emerging Media with a concentration in Applied Journalism, working towards a career in Public Relations. Jackie is the Campus Correspondent, as well as a Feature and Campus Celebrity writer for the UW-Stout chapter. Originally from the east coast, Jackie has lived in the unfavorably cold state of Minnesota for most of her life. She enjoys blogging, music, spending time with her friends and family, cheering on her favorite MA sports teams, comedies, and simply getting up and being active. Jackie has many plans and aspirations, but has just begun her future as a writer.
Her Campus at UW-Stout