Meet Her Campus Treasurer, Hanna Carpenter!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Hanna Carpenter

Year: Sophomore

Major: Retail Merchandising and Management

Hometown: Prior Lake, MN

Her Campus Position: Treasurer/Secretary and Events Committee Member

She’s hilarious, she’s ambitious, she has a borderline unhealthy obsession with Chris Brown, and she puts the “nice” in “Minnesota nice.” This Stoutie is definitely on the road to a successful future with her Retail Merchandising and Management major accompanied by her undeniable likability. Check out this week’s campus celebrity, Hanna Carpenter!

Carpenter chose UW-Stout for a number of reasons. “It’s a really welcoming place with awesome people,” she emphasized. “I instantly loved the atmosphere here,” she said. “The campus is really pretty, and I like that it’s a polytechnic university.”

From loving Stout from the time she moved in, Carpenter quickly became involved on campus. She joined Stout’s Her Campus chapter and gained a spot on the Executive Board as the Treasurer and Secretary, while later becoming a member of the events committee. “My friend who was also joining told me about Her Campus and referred me to the Campus Correspondent for the Secretary position,” She said. “I thought this would be a great way to get something on my resume because leadership roles and experience are important for my major, so a spot on the executive board was perfect for me.”

One of Carpenter’s favorite things about being apart of Her Campus is being with the whole HC crew. “It’s fun getting to know so many new people and having time to just hang out and talk about new things that are happening on campus every week,” she said. She’s also excited for all the opportunities the chapter has ahead. “We’re still just getting started, so it’s a new beginning and we can start anything and hope it all works out.” 

Being a sophomore, Carpenter has much to look forward to in the next few years. “Right now, I’m really looking forward to March 3rd,” Carpenter excitingly states. “I can’t wait to see Chris Brown in concert.” If there’s one thing you need to know about Carpenter, it’s her longstanding obsession with Chris Brown. “I think obsession would be an understatement,” she said.

All jokes aside, Carpenter is genuinely excited about discovering what specifically it is that she wants to do with her major as well as starting to build her professional future in the next two years. “I’m looking forward to officially knowing what job in my field I want to pursue,” she continued, “and if I want to go into store operations, buying, or fashion marketing.”

“In five years, I hope to be graduated with a stable job right off the bat,” Carpenter said. “I would like to travel eventually, but start out by staying on the Midwest.”

While Carpenter’s future holds some uncertainty, one thing is certain. She has an undoubtedly bright future full of successes, exciting travels, good company, and much more.

Check out what some of Hanna’s best friends and fellow Stouties had to say about her!

She loves long walks across campus, her pizza dipped in applesauce, and her imaginary husband, Chris Brown.” –Brooke Walschinski

“It cracks me up how obsessed Hanna is with Chris Brown. She’ll probably faint when she sees him in concert.” –Taylor Rudesill

“She has the best sense of humor and it’s rare to catch her without a smile on her face.” –Jackie Barba

“She looks cute when she’s sleeping.” –Courtney Schaaf (Hanna’s Roommate)

“She has the prettiest handwriting, loves to take naps, and she’s always fun to be around.” –Bri Gabriel

“She’s always laughing and a great time.” –Joellen Turner

“Hanna always has her friends best interest at heart and I’m so glad to have a friend as great as her.” –Morgan Sinda

Jackie is currently a UW-Stout junior pursing a major in Professional Communications and Emerging Media with a concentration in Applied Journalism, working towards a career in Public Relations. Jackie is the Campus Correspondent, as well as a Feature and Campus Celebrity writer for the UW-Stout chapter. Originally from the east coast, Jackie has lived in the unfavorably cold state of Minnesota for most of her life. She enjoys blogging, music, spending time with her friends and family, cheering on her favorite MA sports teams, comedies, and simply getting up and being active. Jackie has many plans and aspirations, but has just begun her future as a writer.
Her Campus at UW-Stout