This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I’m always excited to try new beauty and skincare products, so I was excited to see this jelly cleanser ball at Target. While many brands have similar products, the specific cleanser I used is the jelly glow ball from the brand, bliss

According to the package, the cleanser contains lychee extracts, which is a fruit grown in tropical and subtropical regions. When applied to the skin, it is supposed to reduce signs of aging, remove blemishes and sooth sunburned skin. The packaging also notes that lychee fruit is a popular source of vitamin C. The cleanser is cruelty-free and does not contain parabens.

The cleanser comes in a plastic case that is supposed to be kept for storage of the cleanser. The actual ball itself is packaged in a balloon-like material that you need to pop with the plastic pick.

The plastic case has a peel-off sticker that shows exactly where to peirce the balloon and is fairly easy to remove using the pick that comes with it. Here is what it looks like outside the package:

The directions say you can use the cleanser directly on your skin or lather it in your hands and rub the lather on your face. I chose to apply it directly to the face because one of the claims is that its shape helps get into the contours of your face. Here I am before use with a full face of makeup:

Here is my face after:

Once it is worked into a lather, it did clean my face fairly well. It removed all of the makeup and oil from my face easily. What I especially liked about it was the fact that it is not drying and removed everything while still leaving my face feeling smooth. The shape did help get into the contours of my face, but I found it tricky to clean around my nose. The only part that it did not do a great job of removing was my eye makeup. I still had some mascara and liquid eyeliner left, but it was easy to remove with a little micellar water. I also like how there is a scent, but it is not too strong.

When you are finished, you rinse off the ball, dry it with a towel and put it back in the plastic case. With proper care, it is supposed to last up to 45 days.

I love how it removes makeup and oil without being too drying, but the maintenance of keeping this product made it not worth earning a spot in my beauty routine. My other critique is that I wish the storage case was a little less flimsy, especially for something I am supposed to be using every day for 45 days. If a similar product came in a liquid form, I would consider purchasing it. Overall, it is an interesting product and I love the idea of getting a “massage” as you wash your face. If you enjoy interesting beauty products, I would definitely give it a shot.

Photos: Kendra Lamer

Kendra Lamer

UW Stout '19

Kendra Lamer is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UW-Stout. She is a professional communication and emerging media major with a concentration in applied journalism at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. When she's not doing school work or writing for Her Campus, you can find her dancing at the studio, going for a run, drinking coffee or decorating for holidays way too early. After graduating, she plans on pursuing a career in public relations or journalism and adopting lots of dogs.
Her Campus at UW-Stout