How to Bide Time While Blow Drying Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Styling your hair is a work out. There are heavy tools, expensive sprays, and a ridiculously long waiting process to get it perfect. Here’s what you can do to make the most effective use of the wait.

Listen to Some Music

As long as you’ve got a speaker that is louder than your blow dryer; you’re golden! Put on some Lizzo, Fleetwood Mac, and Ariana Grande to start out the day on a high note.

Read Some Articles on Your Phone

You might not have full use of your hands while styling your mane, but hopefully a hand is free to scroll through today’s trending topics.

Play Around With Your Outfit

Is the jacket you chose the best that’s in season? Would your new bralette work better with that tank top? The possibilities are endless.

Do Some Skin Care

Take this opportunity to wash your face, and apply some product. Just make sure not to get any of it in your hair!

Take it With a Drink

As you’re wrapping things up, fill your body and soul with some sweet relief. Whether it be juice, tea, or coffee, it will help get your day on the right track.

Enjoy Your Beautiful Hair!

It’s been a long day already, and you’ve committed a lot to your hair care. And it’s paid off beautifully. You deserve every compliment, and then some! 

Styling your hair is a long, tedious process. As long as you can find a way to have fun, it won’t feel so long.

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.