Homecoming Queen Nominee: Jessica Johanson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name:  Jessica Johanson        

Major: Retail Merchandising and Management

Year: Senior

Hometown: St. Michael, MN

Relationship status: Single

HC: Why did you run for Homecoming royalty?

JJ: The Stout Retail Association decided to participate in Homecoming for the first time this year so because I am the president I was picked to run for Homecoming queen!

HC: What would winning mean to you?

JJ: Winning would be awesome for the organization! We really want to get our name out there to get more members to join. I would feel like a lot of hard work this week paid off!

HC: How have you been campaigning to become royalty?

JJ: I have been speaking to my classes, creating a Facebook event and posting pictures! The Stout Retail Association also helped me create an awesome campaign video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9MeqhuKdY

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

JJ: I think people would say that my friendliness is my best quality.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

JJ: I am the President of the Stout Retail Association, Teachers Assistant for the Retail Program Director and Event Tour Guide. All these roles allow me to share my experiences at Stout and promote why students should chose Stout!

HC: Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

JJ: Hopefully I will be living on the East or West coast working for a retailer as a sourcing manager. I really want to have a husky retriever mix dog!  

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

JJ: My parents are both my main influences in my life. They have always been encouraging and supporting my life decisions. I don’t know what I would do without them!

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

JJ: I would travel to all of the 7 Wonders of the World. Already have seen the Great Wall of China so 6 more to go!

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

JJ: A long walk on the Red Cedar Trail… to find a spot to have a picnic!

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

JJ: Someone who doesn’t like to try new experiences and travel.

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

JJ: I wish I could snap my fingers and be anywhere in the world!

HC: Favorite place on campus?

JJ: Sitting by the fire in by the Fireside Café in the MSC.

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.