Homecoming Queen Nominee: Andrea Lyga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name:  Andrea Lyga

Major: Engineering Technology

Emphasis: Production and Operations Management

Minor: Business

Year: Senior

Hometown: Whitehall, WI

Relationship status: Single

HC: Why did you run for Homecoming royalty?

AL: Because it’s a fun way to get involved on campus, my sorority also Gamma Sigma Sigma actually nominates and votes for their representative.

HC: What would winning mean to you?

AL: It would mean the world to me, it is already such an honor getting to run- it’s exciting to see how many people have seen that I’m running and showing support and also its great way to be able to represent Gamma Sigma Sigma.

HC: How have you been campaigning to become royalty?

AL: So far I have a few pictures on Facebook, I am pretty outgoing-so I try to meet new people; it’s been fun!

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

AL: My humor, I can always find the humor in a situation.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

AL: I am a member in Gamma Sigma Sigma, the National Service Sorority, and also in the University Honors Program.

HC: Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

AL: Hopefully somewhere warm, enjoying my tan.  Honestly- I’d like to find a job pretty close to home, I am very family-oriented, and I don’t know what I’d do without my mom’s homemade cooking every now and then!

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

AL: My family- whenever I need anything, whether it’s just someone to talk to or someone to help in righting all my wrongs! They always support me!

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

AL: Is a large amount of money more than my student debt?  I think I’d start there, and then with the money I would have used to pay that I would try to help out others getting through school.

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

AL: My ideal date is just doing something with someone and enjoying the time- having the night filled with laughs, and not with awkward moments.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

AL: The ultimate deal-breaker for me is lack of trust and respect.

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

AL: The superpower I’d want is to be able to teleport.  It would be really nice to always be on time for classes!

HC: Favorite place on campus?

AL: The involvement center, it’s a great place to study, watch the Price is Right and meet up with friends!

HC: Any other quirks about yourself you want people to know?

AL: I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue.  Haha I just love having a good time, being a little silly and enjoying other’s company!

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.