Homecoming King Nominee: Nate Ott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name: Nate Ott         

Major: Packaging

Year: Senior

Hometown: Crystal Lake, IL

Relationship status: Single

HC: Why did you run for Homecoming royalty?

NO: My organization, GSA, said they were looking for candidates. I thought it would be fun to see if I could do it. I enjoy representing GSA and participating in the Homecoming events, so that made my decision easy.

HC: What would winning mean to you?

NO: That I did my job very well; representing Stout, getting students interested and showing off GSA.

HC: How have you been campaigning to become royalty?

NO: I am telling people to participate in Homecoming events, and also, if they feel like it, they should vote for me.

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

NO: Genuine. I am a straight forward kind of guy. I have no problem expressing my feelings and do not play games with people. My friends know I got their back if they need it.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

NO: I am a member of GSA, I work at the UW-Stout Theater as Scenic Crew assistant, I am on the board for Stout Packaging Association and I also helped with getting this group started.

HC: Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?

NO: I would like to be working for a packaging corporation, hopefully one that I plan at staying at for a while. I would also like to be part of a team focusing on the sustainability efforts of the company.

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

NO: My parents. I owe a lot to them and am grateful for all of their help and support. I would not be the person I am today without them. All the values and morals that I have today is thanks to them.

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

NO: If I had a lot of money, then I would spend it on a trip to New Zealand. I want to go hiking through the country and see all of the landscapes and nature.

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

NO: I would want to be able to talk and get to know them. Making a homemade dinner or ordering in and just spend time together; go for a hike, play a video game, or watch a bad movie. All the while, talking and getting to know each other.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

NO: Not being able to communicate with them. If you cannot talk, share, understand, etc. Then it is not a relationship.

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

NO: I would like to be able to make clones of myself. I could get a lot more done in one day then.

HC: Favorite place on campus?

NO: That one seat in the MSC, you know which one it is.

HC: Any other quirks about yourself you want people to know?

NO: I am a big horror movie fan/ I love Halloween.

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.