A Guide to Staying Warm and Stylish During Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Winter comes with many, many challenges. Some of the worst ones include scraping the ice and snow off your car, walking through feet of snow on unshoveled sidewalks, and dressing warm yet stylish. Below is a list of ways to stay stylish during the harsh winter months.

Scarves

Blanket scarves are a fantastic choice for winter. You’re basically wearing a stylish blanket and staying warm at the same time. Knit scarves are also perfect to cuddle up with to keep your neck and chin warm on your walk to class. They add a vibrant pop of color to any neutral colored outfit. 

Boots

There are so many different boots out there that you can never go wrong! Knee high and over-the-knee boots are so stylish and can add an extra layer to keep your legs warm if you’re wearing a short jacket. Booties are so cute to add to any dressy outfit. Uggs are the best option to keep you warm and there are so many different colors, patterns, and styles to them to create a flawless outfit. 

Jackets

Parkas are my favorite in the winter time, because they keep you so warm and they’re super comfortable, as well as being the perfect length to keep your legs warm.  Having a colored jacket, such as a maroon or olive green, is another way to add a little color to your wardrobe during the winter months. Pea coats are also another really cute option to look classy and professional, yet not as warm as a bulky coat.

Sweaters

My go to look is always an oversized comfortable sweater.  They fit nice under those huge puffy coats and can be paired with adorable boots and some chunky or simple jewelry. They’re the best option for sitting in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate. 

Fuzzy socks

My feet are always cold and I am such a huge fan of fuzzy socks. They come in so many different colors, patterns, and lengths. They can be a great fit with any outfit, or they can stay hidden from sight, keeping you warm while not drawing too much attention. 

Hats and Mittens

Having stylish and warm hats and mittens can sometimes be a challenge. Wearing neutrals are best if you have a bright colored coat. You can also switch it up by pairing a colorful matching hat and mitten set with your neutral jacket.if you have a neutral jacket and get a colored matching set of hat and mittens.  Knit hats with a furry fluff ball on top are a great look with any outfit. 

Erika is a Professional Communications and Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout.  She hopes to find a career in journalism after graduation to continue her love for writing. She loves fashion, dancing, and sleeping.
Her Campus at UW-Stout