This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Living away from home means starting to make your own traditions. Although you may be able to spend most holidays with your family, it’s also important to spend these festive times with your friends at college. Who wouldn’t want to feast twice? Especially on Thanksgiving! What is this spectacular event called you may ask?

Friendsgiving

If I had to define Friendsgiving, I would describe it as a chance to play dress up, show off your cooking skills, and feast with your friends as if they were your family. Making the occasion a formal event will get everyone into their best dresses and ties for a night you won’t soon forget!

Start by making a list of all of the Thanksgiving dinner essentials- turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and of course the pumpkin pie. Everyone picks a dish and prepares it for the big night. It’s finally your chance to show off your cooking skills or to sign up for bringing the premade dinner rolls.

Here are some recipes to get you started!

Turkey

Cooking the perfect tukey can take a little practice, but with step-by-step instructions on the simplest, easiest method to roast an entire turkey on the first try, you will feel like a pro.

Stuffing

An essential part of every holiday, this article provides a classic sage and onion stuffing recipe that will pair perfectly with the main dish.

Green Bean Casserole

Don’t forget the green beans! Covered in cream of mushroom and crispy onions of course.

Mashed Potatoes

A classic, yet simple dish that everyone will be passing around the table.

Cranberry Sauce

Add a little bit of sweet to a savory meal with this delicious, tart dish.

Pumpkin Pie

It doesn’t matter how full you are, there’s always room for dessert!

Feast on, my friends!

Her Campus at UW-Stout