Five Fashion Commercials You Need to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

We’ve all been there. You’re sitting in your dorm room, apartment, or house watching television, most likely in your yoga pants and rocking a makeup-free face, when a commercial of a drop dead gorgeous fashion model appears. One of two events will then occur: either your self-esteem plummets for the duration of the commercial, or, you stare wistfully at the screen, dreaming of being that girl. That is the power of fashion commercials; we are enticed by beautiful clothing, luxurious lifestyles, and all the atmospherics that go into commercials. Seeing as finals week is quickly approaching and I am pretty sure I wore the same dress all weekend long, it is safe to say that we all could use a little inspiration. It is so easy to feel uninspired fashion-wise when our lives are consumed with final projects, papers, and exams. To break free from that here are some of my favorite inspirational fashion commercials you can watch to A: take a break from studying and B: get inspired.

1. Seven Henrietta Street by Kate Spade: Kate Spade succeeds at creating this perfect, colorful, bow adorned world for their customers. This commercial is no exception. What I love about it is that it inspires you to embrace all your quirks and idiosyncrasies. This commercial inspired me so much freshman year that I actually made a little painting of the transcript.

2. Miss Dior Cherie by Dior: Similar to the previous Kate Spade commercial this video is light-hearted and fun. Plus, it will make you want to move to Paris ASAP.

3. Prada Candy L’eau by Prada: Mastermind film director, Wes Anderson, co-directed this commercial. As always, he manages to create these idyllic, quaint worlds that are both aesthetically appealing and chock full of sarcasm.

4. Dress Normal by Gap: So many fashion advertisements and commercials rely on luxury and glamour to grab your attention. What is so great about this commercial is that it rejects those methods and uses such a relatable and simple story. Plus, as college students shortly leaving for winter break we know exactly what that girl is going through.

5. Gabrielle Nistico by Tiffany and Co.: There is something about this commercial that makes me want to paint or compose a masterpiece, and design some item of clothing. It does such a great job at showcasing different mediums of creativity (plus it makes you wish you were getting engaged, like, right now.)

Abigail is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is majoring in Retail Merchandising and Management with a concentration in Fashion Marketing and has a double minor in Business Administration and Spanish. Aside from being a Style Writer for Her Campus, she is involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) and Street Level Ministries. In her spare time she enjoys collecting art, watching Hallmark movies with family and friends, and going on adventures. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout