Fall Sport Seasons Come To An End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

As October comes to an end, so do the fall sport seasons. All fall sports have now officially entered their last portion of the regular season, and many of these teams are looking to advance in the conference tournaments within the next couple of weeks.

Photo Credit: Stout Athletics Department

Lucky for you football fans, Stout Football’s regular season play will not end until mid-November. There are still two conference home games left in the season! Currently in the WIAC standings, Stout is seeded seventh of eight teams.This puts Stout just ahead of rivals University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire, whom they defeated last week 45-12. There is still a huge opportunity for Stout to move up within the standings as they have four conference games remaining. Along with Stout, two other WIAC teams also have a 1-2 record in conference. If Stout is victorious in these next four games, it could mean some awesome things for the Stout football team. However, Stout will need to play exceptionally well to get these upsets. 

Volleyball’s regular season, however, will be ending sooner than football. Stout’s last regular season game will be Saturday, October 31. With three conference games left, the Blue Devils are seeded fifth in the conference. There’s a very good chance Stout will be advancing to the tournament play this year as well. With these three games left in the season, the Blue Devils are hoping to pull out some wins to get home court advantage in the first round of the tournament. 

Soccer fortunately ended their losing streak in conference play when they tied University of Wisconsin- River Falls last week. Although Stout got in a rut in the middle of their season this year, they still secured a spot in the conference tournament which will begin first week of November. There is still a chance Stout will get a home game first round as well. With just one conference game left this season, it is crucial that Stout defeats University of Wisconsin- Whitewater at the 2:00 p.m. home game on Saturday, October 24. Stout will also be hosting University of Minnesota- Morris on Sunday, October 25, at 2:30 p.m. 

The cross country teams will have their last conference meet coming up in a week. It’s here where the top 2 teams will advance to regionals. The next eight individuals who are not on either of these teams will also advance. Top runner for the women’s team, Kathleen Thorn, will be the one to watch for this. Thorn just set a personal record this year, beating out her previous school record. Just this last week, both cross country teams got regionally ranked. The women’s team has been in the regional standings for the entire this season but moved up three spots to seventh place this past week. This is the highest ranking in history for the women’s team. The men’s team made the regional rankings for the first time this season and ranked at 10th. 

Camille is a sophomore at UW-Stout pursuing a degree in Dietetics and a minor in journalism.  Aside from writing for Her Campus, Camille is a member of the UW-Stout Women's Soccer team and part of the Navigators student ministry here on campus.  In addition to taking selfies with her dog and playing soccer, Camille enjoys watching videos of hedgehogs, chocolate-covered espresso beans, and anything that involves the great outdoors.
Her Campus at UW-Stout